The Student Room Group

Disorder that stops me from holding guys hands

I have hyperhidrosis on my hands so my hands sweat massive amounts no matter what's happening. It's really embarrassing when guys try to hold my hands because I don't want them to get disgusted or something.

I've just started dating a guy and he keep trying to hold my hand but I keep making excuses so he doesn't. I don't know how to tell him without him getting grossed out.
Wear gloves. I know that my issue isn’t physical so it isn’t the same but I can’t hold hands with people either or touch them but wearing gloves made it not as scary. I guess if you had gloves on the sweat wouldn’t be obvious .
Ik its embarrassing but be honest and tell him about the sweaty hands situation. If hes right for you, he wont make you feel embarrassed about it
Reply 3
Is there any treatments/cure or something to at least lessen the sweating? Anyways it would probably be good to be honest about it. Most decent people will understand.
I've got the same condition with my hands. I find it's always best to confront things you're embarrassed about head-on rather than trying to hide them as it just makes you look like a weirdo, whereas if you just address them then it's not embarrassing or weird anymore. So I've always just said to girls something like "I get really clammy hands, so I totally understand if you don't want to hold hands with me!", they always just laugh it off and say it's fine.
Reply 5
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
I've got the same condition with my hands. I find it's always best to confront things you're embarrassed about head-on rather than trying to hide them as it just makes you look like a weirdo, whereas if you just address them then it's not embarrassing or weird anymore. So I've always just said to girls something like "I get really clammy hands, so I totally understand if you don't want to hold hands with me!", they always just laugh it off and say it's fine.

That's a cool approach lol.
Reply 6
Original post by Little Robin
I have hyperhidrosis on my hands so my hands sweat massive amounts no matter what's happening. It's really embarrassing when guys try to hold my hands because I don't want them to get disgusted or something.

I've just started dating a guy and he keep trying to hold my hand but I keep making excuses so he doesn't. I don't know how to tell him without him getting grossed out.
Just tell him about the condition. Excuses are *****y.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending