The Student Room Group

A level notes/folder?

I’m going to sixth form in september and i’m wondering how people organised their notes. Did you take notes in lesson and rip them out to put in a folder, or did you have more notebooks at home where you re-wrote the notes or anything else that may be suggested? I’m going to do bio,chem and maths hopefully
Original post by d0nkey_dude
I’m going to sixth form in september and i’m wondering how people organised their notes. Did you take notes in lesson and rip them out to put in a folder, or did you have more notebooks at home where you re-wrote the notes or anything else that may be suggested? I’m going to do bio,chem and maths hopefully

I usually had a notepad for each subject which I made notes in class, and then would either condense or rewrite the notes in study's/frees or at home then put them in ring binders for revision :smile:
I disliked rewriting all my notes. Why make double work. I'd condense the notes on either sticky notes or revision cards or in the margin depending on what suited best for the subject amd myself.
I normally stuck to papers and ring binder folders. Some people prefer notebooks.

I'm starting September as well. I'm doing bio, chem, maths and law.

I wrote messy notes on a notepad in lessons, typed them up at home, printed them off and put them in folders organised by topic for each subject.
Original post by ForeverAQx
I usually had a notepad for each subject which I made notes in class, and then would either condense or rewrite the notes in study's/frees or at home then put them in ring binders for revision :smile:

Ah thanks
I think notebooks are ideal for me
Original post by Hali.Hassan
I'm starting September as well. I'm doing bio, chem, maths and law.

Cool, what exam boards
Original post by DrawTheLine
I wrote messy notes on a notepad in lessons, typed them up at home, printed them off and put them in folders organised by topic for each subject.

I don’t really like typing up notes i’m old fashioned like that but thank you!
Cool, what exam boards

OCR I guess, you?
Bit of advice, don’t re write your notes, make revision posters or flash cards they’re much more useful!
Original post by Hali.Hassan
OCR I guess, you?

edexcel maths, aqa chemistry and ocr a biology
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
Bit of advice, don’t re write your notes, make revision posters or flash cards they’re much more useful!

I think that’s a good idea

Quick Reply

Latest