The Student Room Group

AS Level grades were not satisfying?

I'm homeschooled and took my AS exam in May/June of 2018. Today I had just received my AS grades and I got CCD. My A2 exams are scheduled for this coming October/November. I'm positive I can bring my grades higher if I studied harder. At this point, my parents and I are very disappointed and don't know what to do. I haven't applied to uni yet as i'm planning on entering the September 2019 intake. Do my as levels grades matter? Will unis accept me?
I would repeat the AS's you think you can get up - sometimes you just need a run at it first to get the hang of it. Homeschooling as well will have made exam technique harder!

I wasn't homeschooled but I went from a low B in biology to an A* by repeating only one AS module, it's very doable! I found revising AS material also made the A2 easier to understand. If you repeat, focus on exam technique more - you can know and understand everything but if you don't hit markscheme like they want it's harder to get marks!

AS's matter to unis if you take them onto A2 (as they count towards the full A-level).
Reply 2
Thank you for this, I've decided to resit them! I will definitely focus more towards past papers and exam techniques!

Quick Reply

Latest