The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

A Level Resits

Has anyone, literally anyone who has resat their A Levels gotten into Imperial, KCL or UCL? With or without mitigating circumstances?
Probably.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
bump
Reply 3
I can almost guarantee you at least someone has gotten into one of those 3 through resitting and without mitigating circumstances - most likely king's.
Reply 4
Original post by Haztec
I can almost guarantee you at least someone has gotten into one of those 3 through resitting and without mitigating circumstances - most likely king's.

Thank you for your response! Yes, I think I might stand a better chance at King's, but as I have mitigating circumstances now I hope the other two don't throw away my application as I am resitting :frown:
Reply 5
UCL are happy to consider resit applicants, even without mitigating circumstances, for some courses.
The best way to find out would be to either check their course page or, if it is not clear there, email the admissions department for your course of choice.
Reply 6
Original post by Ponnken
UCL are happy to consider resit applicants, even without mitigating circumstances, for some courses.
The best way to find out would be to either check their course page or, if it is not clear there, email the admissions department for your course of choice.

Ahh thank you for this! I certainly hope that they are! The only thing that throws me off is that I would initially be applying with predicted grades (and achieved from this year) and then I would sit the exams next year, so I'm not sure whether they'd give me an offer based on a new set of predicted grades, as I'd have my new A Level grades next August.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Ahh thank you for this! I certainly hope that they are! The only thing that throws me off is that I would initially be applying with predicted grades (and achieved from this year) and then I would sit the exams next year, so I'm not sure whether they'd give me an offer based on a new set of predicted grades, as I'd have my new A Level grades next August.

If they were to give you an offer, I'd imagine it would be a conditional one based on a new set of predicted grades. Then, you would be expected to meet these requirements next August.

If the offer was AAA and you'd achieved ABB this year, for example. You'd ask to be predicted As in the subjects you received Bs in. Then, you would have already have satisfied the first A of the condition and be expected to satisfy the further As next year. Some courses at some Unis want to see all 3 A levels taken in the same year, however. So you should probably also double check this first. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Ponnken
If they were to give you an offer, I'd imagine it would be a conditional one based on a new set of predicted grades. Then, you would be expected to meet these requirements next August.

If the offer was AAA and you'd achieved ABB this year, for example. You'd ask to be predicted As in the subjects you received Bs in. Then, you would have already have satisfied the first A of the condition and be expected to satisfy the further As next year. Some courses at some Unis want to see all 3 A levels taken in the same year, however. So you should probably also double check this first. :smile:

Thank you so much for your response, you've clarified a lot of stuff! I have a lot of emailing to do now...:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for your response, you've clarified a lot of stuff! I have a lot of emailing to do now...:smile:

Good to hear. Good luck with your applications!
Reply 10
Original post by Ponnken
Good to hear. Good luck with your applications!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending