Had a bad year at uni, dyslexia, depression and infection and failed year need help Watch

Sol123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi
started at leicester Uni in Sept 2017.0by December found I was forgetting things so had an assessment for dyslexia which came up with poor short term memory, struggling on I went counselling which didn't help so sort help from my Dr. He diagnosed me with depression and prescribed pills which I ended up getting headaches and insomnia. I stopped taking them because the side effects made me fall behind and I ended up failing exams. I submitted mitigating circumstances but they want medical evidence of my present health? as I stopped taking the pills and counselling was only for 6 weeks I am not sure where I get evidence.
After stopping the pills I invested in new equipment, changed my diet and joined the gym and feel much better now and I am learning to cope .
any advice on what is classed as medical evidence? do I approachthe couselling or My Dr or both?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sol123)
Hi
started at leicester Uni in Sept 2017.0by December found I was forgetting things so had an assessment for dyslexia which came up with poor short term memory, struggling on I went counselling which didn't help so sort help from my Dr. He diagnosed me with depression and prescribed pills which I ended up getting headaches and insomnia. I stopped taking them because the side effects made me fall behind and I ended up failing exams. I submitted mitigating circumstances but they want medical evidence of my present health? as I stopped taking the pills and counselling was only for 6 weeks I am not sure where I get evidence.
After stopping the pills I invested in new equipment, changed my diet and joined the gym and feel much better now and I am learning to cope .
any advice on what is classed as medical evidence? do I approachthe couselling or My Dr or both?
Both, the more evidence the better generally
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sol123)
Hi
A letter from either should be fine. Your university should have a list of acceptable evidence somewhere in their policies. Contact your student's union for specific guidance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 12 Oct '19
  • University of Leicester
    Undergraduate Open Days - #LaunchYourself at Leicester Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (6)
7.59%
Disagree (5)
6.33%
Neither agree or disagree (22)
27.85%
Agree (32)
40.51%
Strongly Agree (14)
17.72%

Watched Threads

Latest