The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Had a bad year at uni, dyslexia, depression and infection and failed year need help

Hi
started at leicester Uni in Sept 2017.0by December found I was forgetting things so had an assessment for dyslexia which came up with poor short term memory, struggling on I went counselling which didn't help so sort help from my Dr. He diagnosed me with depression and prescribed pills which I ended up getting headaches and insomnia. I stopped taking them because the side effects made me fall behind and I ended up failing exams. I submitted mitigating circumstances but they want medical evidence of my present health? as I stopped taking the pills and counselling was only for 6 weeks I am not sure where I get evidence.
After stopping the pills I invested in new equipment, changed my diet and joined the gym and feel much better now and I am learning to cope .
any advice on what is classed as medical evidence? do I approachthe couselling or My Dr or both?
Original post by Sol123
Hi
started at leicester Uni in Sept 2017.0by December found I was forgetting things so had an assessment for dyslexia which came up with poor short term memory, struggling on I went counselling which didn't help so sort help from my Dr. He diagnosed me with depression and prescribed pills which I ended up getting headaches and insomnia. I stopped taking them because the side effects made me fall behind and I ended up failing exams. I submitted mitigating circumstances but they want medical evidence of my present health? as I stopped taking the pills and counselling was only for 6 weeks I am not sure where I get evidence.
After stopping the pills I invested in new equipment, changed my diet and joined the gym and feel much better now and I am learning to cope .
any advice on what is classed as medical evidence? do I approachthe couselling or My Dr or both?

Both, the more evidence the better generally
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Sol123
Hi

A letter from either should be fine. Your university should have a list of acceptable evidence somewhere in their policies. Contact your student's union for specific guidance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending