The Student Room Group

A level Results Day!

Hello to everyone that’s getting their A-level results in the morning. Just want to say well done for all your hard work and I hope you get the results that you want!

But to those who end up feeling disappointed. It’s never too late to still succeed. When I did my A-levels, in the middle of my A2 year I had major cardio-thoracic surgery with a recovery time of 6 months. I went back to school within one month as I really wanted to ensure I would get the grades for university. I pushed myself so much I did not achieve the grades I needed - I ended up being a couple of marks away from reaching my firm choice. The university kept me in limbo for a whole week as they were considering my borderline results for a place on the course. However a week after result I was unfortunately declined. It felt like it was the end of the world at the time but I went to college to do another a level and applied again for the following year and got in to my dream course.

On reflection, I would not have been ready for university if I had got in as I needed that year to focus on my health.

I’m now going into my final year of my degree in September and currently sitting on a first class average. I also have been working as a research assistant for my university. I never would have dreamed I would get to where I am at!

To those that may not get to where they want to for the moment, don’t give up! There’s always other options, or other avenues to reach your destination of success.

All the best to you all!
Original post by slee551
Hello to everyone that’s getting their A-level results in the morning. Just want to say well done for all your hard work and I hope you get the results that you want!

But to those who end up feeling disappointed. It’s never too late to still succeed. When I did my A-levels, in the middle of my A2 year I had major cardio-thoracic surgery with a recovery time of 6 months. I went back to school within one month as I really wanted to ensure I would get the grades for university. I pushed myself so much I did not achieve the grades I needed - I ended up being a couple of marks away from reaching my firm choice. The university kept me in limbo for a whole week as they were considering my borderline results for a place on the course. However a week after result I was unfortunately declined. It felt like it was the end of the world at the time but I went to college to do another a level and applied again for the following year and got in to my dream course.

On reflection, I would not have been ready for university if I had got in as I needed that year to focus on my health.

I’m now going into my final year of my degree in September and currently sitting on a first class average. I also have been working as a research assistant for my university. I never would have dreamed I would get to where I am at!

To those that may not get to where they want to for the moment, don’t give up! There’s always other options, or other avenues to reach your destination of success.

All the best to you all!

Quick Reply

Latest