The Student Room Group

how long does it take to be released from uni offer so i can go into clearing??

I want to call them up and ask to be released so i can go into clearing but i am worried it may not be processed quick enough so that i can ask to get an offer from York as they said i have the requirements. if it will take up to 2 weeks and i miss out on the clearing choices available then it may not be worth it! Also is it hard to be released?? might they say no??
Original post by fowlere
I want to call them up and ask to be released so i can go into clearing but i am worried it may not be processed quick enough so that i can ask to get an offer from York as they said i have the requirements. if it will take up to 2 weeks and i miss out on the clearing choices available then it may not be worth it! Also is it hard to be released?? might they say no??

You can call your new university, get a verbal offer and ask them to hold it until you are in clearing.

Do not ask to be released. This can cause confusion and issues. Just tell them that you want to go into clearing. Universities are not inclined to rush with this because they prioritise their own students who want to go there. It is incredibly rare for a university to say no, but if this occurs please get in touch with us and UCAS straight away and it will get sorted :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by fowlere

You'll be a low priority, so it can take a couple of days - depending on kind the university are.
Reply 3
Original post by Charlotte's Web
You can call your new university, get a verbal offer and ask them to hold it until you are in clearing.

Do not ask to be released. This can cause confusion and issues. Just tell them that you want to go into clearing. Universities are not inclined to rush with this because they prioritise their own students who want to go there. It is incredibly rare for a university to say no, but if this occurs please get in touch with us and UCAS straight away and it will get sorted :smile:

The uni i want to go to said they cannot give me an offer until i am in clearing although they said that i meet the requirements.

Are you saying i can enter clearing without being released?? (still hold my offer yet have a clearing number??)
Original post by fowlere
The uni i want to go to said they cannot give me an offer until i am in clearing although they said that i meet the requirements.

Are you saying i can enter clearing without being released?? (still hold my offer yet have a clearing number??)

Some universities will be quite strict about not giving you an offer unless you're in clearing.

No - I'm saying do not use the term 'released' as it can cause complications. You cannot have a clearing number and still hold your offer unless you use Adjustment. You would only be eligible for adjustment if you have met and exceeded the conditions of your firm choice.
Original post by fowlere

You can hold a verbal offer, but it will have a deadline. If the deadline passes and you haven't been able to apply to them through Clearing, you may well lose that new offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending