The Student Room Group

Belly piercing

I have this squishy lump of something on the bottom of my piercing and is scaring me because nobody in my family knows what it is and all it does is sit there I clean it everyday and it smells pretty bad but I know it’s not an infection because my mom had one and she said that’s not what it is but can someone help please
Original post by Kamryn10
I have this squishy lump of something on the bottom of my piercing and is scaring me because nobody in my family knows what it is and all it does is sit there I clean it everyday and it smells pretty bad but I know it’s not an infection because my mom had one and she said that’s not what it is but can someone help please

Best to see a doctor, especially because it smells bad.

Unless your mum is a nurse or medical professional I wouldn't take her word for it not being an infection.
Piercing bumps are very common. It's most likely just scarring. Hypertrophic scarring tends to go away with daily sea salt soaks. Keloid scarring can also develop and that can be more stubborn but is usually treatable with a home remedy. If you return to your piercer and ask them to take a look at it they would be able to confirm if it is scarring or infected. If infected they will tell you to go and see your GP.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest