The Student Room Group

Alevel Reject's Struggle For Successful Resits

23.jpg

Introduction:
Hey guys! I am an Alevel reject. I failed my Alevels last year (attaining BBD in Chem, Maths and Biology). Currently resiting Alevel Chemistry and Biology privately (so i'm studying at home). Thought I would blog the year as it would help motivate myself to study consistently. It's already coming to the end of September and I have not even picked up a textbook yet (FML). I hope this blog will motivate myself to get my crap together and reach my Goal of A*A*. Also I hope this encourages other students (& retakers) to keep studying.

As well as studies I want to incorporate sharing my weightloss journey because I'm fat AF and I want to try and get healthier this year before going to University (if I somehow get in).

Point of Blog:

-Blog study progress
- Blog weightloss progress

University choices:

Aston University - Optometry
UEA - Optometry
Bradford - Optometry
City - Optometry
Cardiff

How I'll blog study progress:
- I'll try to post daily updates and possibly study goals prior to the day to help organise my revision.

(edited 5 years ago)
07/10/2018
First post! Finally!!! Sorry for the long wait - Ive been lazy AF. Sorry for the akward post - first time doing this update-thing - (should I call this "update-thing" a blog update? Im feeling a lil boogey today, so I think im gonna call this a blog update :biggrin:). So today was a fairly productive day :colone::

Academics:
Today I have finished off my final personal statement draft. Well, kind of - I haven't mentioned anything about what im doing in my gap year :/ I've already reached my word limit and I'm not sure what to include as I havent really done anything yet. Im planning on getting driving lessons soon and also finding a part time job in november/december time. ATM I'm focussing on finishing my notes/revision. Any ideas of what I should write? Or is it okay to not include it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :party:I've also managed to complete online flashcards for chapter 1 of Biology and chemistry.

Diet/Exercise:
Its been a pretty good day. I woke up and checked my weight: 16 stone and 4 pounds (to put my weight into prespective imagine a 5, 6" midget - Yeah I'm FAT AF). So I went on the treadmill for about an hour - mostly walking cuz I cant run. :teehee: And for my diet I made porridge + tea for breakfast (after workout). And had a jacket potato with beans for dinner. I havent really binged on any junk food yet....

Here are some pics:
Untitled-1.jpg
(edited 5 years ago)
16/10/2018
Academics:
- Completed chapter 2,3 and 4 completed flashcards
- Went over flashcards 2x
- Personal statement completed and UCAS sorted - going to send off this week
Weightloss:
LOST 7 POUNDS!!!

20181016_151200.jpg
Well done ! I hope you get the offers you deserve :biggrin:
Good luck with your resits :smile: We can do this :five:
Show them what you're made of!:u:
Original post by saharan_skies
Well done ! I hope you get the offers you deserve :biggrin:

Thank you ❤❤
Original post by SilverWater
Good luck with your resits :smile: We can do this :five:

Yaaassss we can 😘
Original post by Infinite Series
Show them what you're made of!:u:

👍😃
Heyyy my sexy sons of b1tches sorry for my long hiatus...
Here is an update of what I did for the past few weeks:
18-24th October 2018:

Academics:
Did not study at all :mmm: <(oops)

Weightloss:
Broke my diet and had cheat binge :getmecoat:
- went up to 15 stone 13 pounds (gained about 2 pounds)

25th October 2018 - 3rd November 2018:

Academics:
- Sent off UCAS (still being reviewed by my career advisor)
- Biology: Completed mod 2 ch 5 (finished mod 2!!) and mod 3 ch 1 and ch 2 (1 chapter left till completed module 3)
- Chemistry: Completed flashcards for mod 2 ch 5 and ch 6 (finished mod 2!!)

Weightloss:
Went back on the diet and lost... *(drum roll)* 1 stone and 3 pounds!!! :hi:

:party: 15 stone 1 pounds :party:

20181103_111931.jpg
(edited 5 years ago)
UPDATE:
Finished my resits and went from BD in Chemistry and Biology to AA* after a year of self teaching. I have also reached into 13 stones and 6 pounds atm. Also got all 5 offers decided to firm Aston with requirement of AB. As I have exceeded the grades I got an unconditional. I decided im going to reapply for medicine and take another gap year. Hopefully A*AB is enough for medicine.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AlevelReject68
UPDATE:
Finished my resits and went from BD in Chemistry and Biology to AA* after a year of self teaching. I have also reached into 13 stones and 6 pounds atm. Also got all 5 offers decided to firm Aston with requirement of AB. As I have exceeded the grades I got an unconditional. I decided im going to reapply for medicine and take another gap year. Hopefully A*AB is enough for medicine.

Congrats what did you do to revise these subjects ? I might resit and want to go form Bs/Cs to A stars so any tips whether its youtube tutors etc would be useful
Original post by XTim96
Congrats what did you do to revise these subjects ? I might resit and want to go form Bs/Cs to A stars so any tips whether its youtube tutors etc would be useful

I made flashcards - took the entire year to make. Went over them in the last month before exams (dont recommend leaving it this late because i was having exam anxiety and panicking thanks to leaving it so late) and also did some past paper questions on Physics and maths tutor website.
(edited 4 years ago)
Ok thanks was the flash cards made based off he textbook? And did you get any tuition ?
Original post by XTim96
Ok thanks was the flash cards made based off he textbook? And did you get any tuition ?

yes and no i taught myself. tuition is just a waste of money imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending