The Student Room Group

Shaking after drinking

Whenever I drink enough alcohol to get tipsy, a few hours after I'll start shivering like I'm cold except I feel perfectly fine. I'm not a particularly heavy drinker and don't binge, so I was wondering what could be causing this?

The shakes go away after about an hour or so but they often put a damper on an otherwise good night out.

Any ideas as to what's causing them and how I could stop them from happening (aside from stopping drinking) would be greatly appreciated.
Chances are it's down to an intolerance to alcohol. I'm not suggesting that you start drinking excessively, but the more you drink the more tolerant your body is to alcohol. Shaking often comes as an adverse reaction to the alcohol in your blood once there's enough to start having a physical impact (aka being drunk).
I wouldn't worry about it unless you think it's getting out of control (you can actually be allergic). It's similar to how one person can smoke weed and be fine while it makes someone else vomit, it just comes down to you and your body.

Quick Reply

Latest