The Student Room Group

My Faz-tastic journey to success - GYG 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

I hope all goes well for you! It would really suck if the possible underperformance in the papers you found difficult severely affected your predicted grades. Meanwhile, I'm going to be sitting my mock exams this week. I might actually start my own GYG after them for my year in the upper sixth as well!
Well done Fazzy :rave:

Try not to worry too much about the 2nd Maths paper, it may not be as bad as you think!

Good luck for the senior prefect interview! You’ll smash it! xx
Well done for finishing your exams! :woo: Hope you get the grades you want :yes:
:hugs:
Reply 303
Original post by Tolgarda
I hope all goes well for you! It would really suck if the possible underperformance in the papers you found difficult severely affected your predicted grades. Meanwhile, I'm going to be sitting my mock exams this week. I might actually start my own GYG after them for my year in the upper sixth as well!

Yeah, that would really suck. Hopefully its not as bad as I think.
Good luck with your exams! :tongue:
You should totally start your own GYG :yep:

Original post by RazzzBerries
Well done Fazzy :rave:

Try not to worry too much about the 2nd Maths paper, it may not be as bad as you think!

Good luck for the senior prefect interview! You’ll smash it! xx

Thank you! :hugs:

Original post by nyxnko_
Well done for finishing your exams! :woo: Hope you get the grades you want :yes:

Thanks Kei! :heart:
Reply 304
Monday 8th July 2019

Yikes... I haven't updated this GYG for over 2 weeks! Here we go!

Last week: Work Experience
I was actually doing a tech work experience for the whole of last week so I wasn't actually in school. It was all based on coming up with a tech idea that could solve one of four issues: healthy eating, homelessness, mental health for students or social isolation for the elderly. There were probably over 100 students there and we were all split into different groups. My group decided to go with the mental health problem since we could all relate from last years GCSE's :yes:. Throughout the week we had a few sessions on things ranging from IoT/AI, UX Design, Big Data and Networking. The sessions were meant to help us to develop our projects and incorporate more tech into it. My group and I came up with the idea of an interactive robot to help students de-stress. It was all actually going really well until Friday...
So when the time came to present 3 members (out of a total 5) seemed to have disappeared :s-smilie:. It was only me and another girl left so we pretty much had to forfeit. It was kind of frustrating after having done all that work the rest of the week but oh well. Anyways, the week itself wasn't exactly my favourite week ever but I guess it was somewhat useful. It just felt more like school than work I guess and some of the sessions were quite boring. I actually fell really ill in the middle and had to miss a day but I'm better now so yay! :biggrin:

Today:
Private Study:
I had 4 private study sessions today so first I just spent some time catching up with friends after missing out on a whole week. Turns out I didn't really miss out on much. After that, I just spent some time doing the maths homework I'd 'forgotten' to do.

Maths:
In maths today we first went over the probability formulae and used them to solve some problems. Then we started on sequences and used the sum formula to solve some wordy questions. I also got my maths paper 2 back (I got paper 1 back a while ago) and....
I didn't do as bad as I thought! So my paper 1 has totally saved my skin - I managed to get 99/100 :tongue:. Paper 2 was nowhere near as good but I got 36/60. So all together I got 135/160 which is about 84%! :woo:I'm just super relieved!

In Other News:
I'm still waiting on my econ and chem results - hopefully sometime this week.
Also, I got rejected from prefect but whatever...
Only a week and 2 days left till summer!!!

Book of the month:
So I just wanted to start a new part of this GYG by adding in a section for my fave books (since I'm a bookworm) :yep:.
This month it has to be 'Ugly Love' by Colleen Hoover.
I just finished reading it and it absolutely made me bawl my eyes out. It's just incredible!

Thanks for reading! :tongue:
motivational-inspirational-quotes-41.jpg
Beautiful People: (let me know if you want to be added or removed x)

Spoiler

Congratulations on that stonking mathematics result. What the hell happened in that second paper? Anyway, good luck for the future. Also, nice quote you used there from my man Confucious.
Reply 306
Congratulations on that stonking mathematics result. What the hell happened in that second paper? Anyway, good luck for the future. Also, nice quote you used there from my man Confucious.

Thank you!
Timing got messed up in the second paper :frown:
Congrats on those results and good luck for econ and chem! :woo:
You're so nearly there :gah:
Glad your WEX week was useful, even if you didn't really enjoy it :redface:
Well done with those maths results :gah: and good luck with your econ and chem results!
Reply 309
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Congrats on those results and good luck for econ and chem! :woo:
You're so nearly there :gah:

Thank you! :hugs:

Original post by nyxnko_
Glad your WEX week was useful, even if you didn't really enjoy it :redface:
Well done with those maths results :gah: and good luck with your econ and chem results!

Thanks Kei! :heart:
Reply 310
Wednesday 17th July 2019

Schools Out!!! It's Summer Time! :woo:
Yesterday was actually my last day of year 12 so this is going to be a general update of my subjects and life in general.

Maths:
Like I said in my last post, I got 84% overall in my maths mock exams. Apparently thats an A* but my teacher did say that the grade boundaries were quite low. Regardless, I super happy :biggrin:.
We got set a lot of work for the summer though. We have to prepare a mini presentation about the large data set and do a whole worksheet on it. Then we also have to do a whole lot of practice on the topics we struggled with most, which the teachers will check after the holiday. Yay....

Economics:
I finally got my econ results... I got exactly the same amount of marks on the micro section as the macro section, which is crazy! Overall I got 70%, which was an A so I'm actually quite happy with it :smile:. I know I could've done better but I guess I got the whole summer to work on that.

Chemistry:
Since my teacher was MIA for like the past month we actually marked our own papers yesterday. I got 74% in the breadth paper and 70% in the depth paper. Altogether that's 72%, which is a B :redface:. It's my lowest grade but I'm not too disappointed since we hadn't even finished all the content and I did a lot better than I had expected. Anyways, I know I need to do a lot of work this summer for chem so hopefully I can turn that B into an A next year.

In Other News:
I have a summer school next week, which is pretty exciting :tongue:
I'm also going abroad in a few weeks to Spain and I can't wait! :grin:

This is probably going to be my last full update on this GYG. I might do some quick updates throughout the summer if I remember. I do want to make another GYG for next year though so let me know if you want to be tagged for that one. Also, just a quick shoutout for all of you who have followed this blog and motivated me to carry on. Thank you so much! :grouphugs: xx

Thanks for reading! :tongue:
wordsbeginningendnewbeginningquotequotes-776881f0dd6c847330ae10c3226636c2_h1.jpg
Beautiful People: (let me know if you want to be added or removed x)

Spoiler

Wowee well done on those amazing results! :woo: And congrats on surviving Year 12 :rave:
Enjoy the summer school and Spain :gah:
Do you know your predicted grades?
Well done for finishing the year and have a great summer! :woo:
Reply 314
Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Wowee well done on those amazing results! :woo: And congrats on surviving Year 12 :rave:
Enjoy the summer school and Spain :gah:

Thank you!
Have a great summer too! :hugs:

Do you know your predicted grades?

Nope, we didn't get any. We have more exams at the start of next year so I think our predicted grades will come from those.
How did you do in your mocks?

Original post by nyxnko_
Well done for finishing the year and have a great summer! :woo:

Thanks!
Hope you have a great summer too! :heart:
Original post by Fazzy_77
Nope, we didn't get any. We have more exams at the start of next year so I think our predicted grades will come from those.
How did you do in your mocks?

I see. Mine can be found here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6039772.
Original post by Fazzy_77
Thanks!
Hope you have a great summer too! :heart:

PRSOM, thank you :lovehug:
Wow, your GCSE grades are amazing!! Well done, when did you start revising for them?
Reply 318
Original post by SlightlySummer
Wow, your GCSE grades are amazing!! Well done, when did you start revising for them?

Thank you!
I started revising in February but the intense revision started in the easter holidays. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending