The Student Room Group

help

Im in year 12, and i have no idea what universities i want to go to, or the course & honestly i don’t even know if i wanna go to uni. Is this a normal feeling? I’m stressing that i wont be able to afford uni, because it’ll be at-least 27k not including accommodation🙃
It is a normal feeling. But as your in year 12 you need to remember not to stress too much as you've got a long time to decide. In fact, in this time you'll receive lots more information from your school over how to make a right decision and how to fund your studies (note that uni isn't as expensive as it's made out to be and you'll probably never actually have to pay the full student loan)
Many year 13s in my school still haven't decided what to do with their future so you're in good company. my advice would be to read as much about various unis and courses as possible and go on open and taster days later in the year
Original post by Miathompsonx
Im in year 12, and i have no idea what universities i want to go to, or the course & honestly i don’t even know if i wanna go to uni. Is this a normal feeling? I’m stressing that i wont be able to afford uni, because it’ll be at-least 27k not including accommodation🙃

Now is a good idea to start thinking about what you might want to do after A-levels. It doesn't necessarily have to be university, you might want to take a gap year, go straight into employment, look at apprenticeships or college leaver schemes or do some volunteering.

Think about what your interests are and what career paths appeal to you. Do some research: you could look at job profiles online, speak to people you now working in those fields or look for some work experience.

In terms of funding your degree, you will most likely be eligible for student funding, which will pay for the tuition as well as living costs, course equipment, travel, food, etc. You will start paying off the degree when you earn over the threshold amount, and even though, it is a small amount of your income each month. Like the above poster says, the majority of students don't pay off their entire loan (I think it gets written off when you turn 65?) You could also supplement this with a summer job or part time work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending