The Student Room Group

help

Hello everyone,

Subjects: Mathematics, Economics, History
GCSE: 10 A*, 1 A
Course: Law
Universities: LSE, Durham, Kings, Warwick, Manchester

I have had quite a poor relationship with my Head of Sixth Form since the start of Year 12. Long story short, my predicted grades are now being lowered considerably in comparison to what they should be.

Mathematics: Constant high marks since year 12 (85% min in every assessment, 90+ in end of year mocks) but my teachers prediction of A* has been lowered to an A by Head of Sixth Form.

Economics: 90%+ in every assessment including end of years and teacher prediction of A* has also been reduced to an A.

History: Few inconsistencies with assessments but penultimate last mock exam was an A. Prediction lowered from teachers A to B.

I have high aspirations of applying to the top universities but I feel with the limited predicted grades of AAB, I am unable to do so. Due to this, I had to write off my Cambridge Application as strongly advised by the Head of Sixth Form. It is 100% a personal issue and I can prove it but I don't know what my options are to get it changed.

I have tried several meetings with Head of Sixth Form and alternative teachers but every meeting concludes to this abuse of power the Head of Sixth Form and its completely up to him. There are so many other students whose predicted grades have been increased just to make them more competitive?

Can anybody provide me with any advice on what to do?

Thanks
Original post by Zonzo210
Hello everyone,

Subjects: Mathematics, Economics, History
GCSE: 10 A*, 1 A
Course: Law
Universities: LSE, Durham, Kings, Warwick, Manchester

I have had quite a poor relationship with my Head of Sixth Form since the start of Year 12. Long story short, my predicted grades are now being lowered considerably in comparison to what they should be.

Mathematics: Constant high marks since year 12 (85% min in every assessment, 90+ in end of year mocks) but my teachers prediction of A* has been lowered to an A by Head of Sixth Form.

Economics: 90%+ in every assessment including end of years and teacher prediction of A* has also been reduced to an A.

History: Few inconsistencies with assessments but penultimate last mock exam was an A. Prediction lowered from teachers A to B.

I have high aspirations of applying to the top universities but I feel with the limited predicted grades of AAB, I am unable to do so. Due to this, I had to write off my Cambridge Application as strongly advised by the Head of Sixth Form. It is 100% a personal issue and I can prove it but I don't know what my options are to get it changed.

I have tried several meetings with Head of Sixth Form and alternative teachers but every meeting concludes to this abuse of power the Head of Sixth Form and its completely up to him. There are so many other students whose predicted grades have been increased just to make them more competitive?

Can anybody provide me with any advice on what to do?

Thanks

1. Get parents involved?
2. What about head teacher or official complaint?
3. You might get offers from 3 of those. You can always ring and ask.
4. If they arent going to budge then your options are to get your head down and get your actual grades i.e A*AA and then use:
Adjustment- clearing- apply for 2020.

Be careful with abuse of power claims unless you can prove it. You can complain up to the board of governors.
It seems the teachers arent much interested in raising the predictions either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending