The Student Room Group

Uni Application

Ok so, I really need some advice.

I want to take a gap year after my a levels so I don’t want to go to uni next year. But I do want to go afterwards.

I haven’t written a personal statement yet because I was under the impression I couldn’t apply till next year.

Anyway, Recently my teacher started going on about that I needed to write one before Christmas and just apply and defer entry?
Is there any point of this or can I just apply next year like I originally intended.

I have a lot of work to get done before Christmas and writing one in time is going to be difficult. I don’t want to stress myself out and do a bad job because I’m rushing.

I don’t really know how deferring works? Can anyone help? Or advise me what’s best to do?
Have a look at the UCAS information on how to apply for deferred entry:
https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/when-apply/deferred-entry
You don't have to apply this year
The advantage of doing it now as that your application gets sent off and then offers come in (hopefully) and it means that during your gap year next year you don't need to worry about applying as you already have a place.
Deffering means you apply for the course but not for this coming year but the year after

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending