The Student Room Group

my life is falling apart, please help me...

I got my first report of year 12 and got predicted C for biology and music and a U for maths. Why am i failing so much, it's not like i'm stupid, i got 9s for music and bio at GCSE and 8 for maths. I didn't realise A-levels would be so much work, it's really overwhelming and i doesn't help that i've only been getting about 4 hours of sleep for the past week and i'm in maths being like "4 squared = 8" because i'm so sleep deprived.
I understand the maths, i just seem to do really badly in tests (all Us so far) and same with bio. Music is SO HARD. All this talk about melody dominated homophony and augmented seconds is really confusing and when ever the teacher asks me a question i fell like i'm going to cry if i don't know the answer and i don't want to put my hand up and ask for help because it makes me look stupid. Why is it going so wrong. I feel so guilty for getting such bad grades when i've been given so many opportunities to do well.
Can anyone tell me how to not be a failure and actually get decent grades?
Reply 1
Life isn’t about getting good grades. Yes you may need them to get into the uni you want etc. But you can’t do well at school if your not looking after yourself at home. Sort out a routine for going to sleep because once you start getting decent hours of sleep you’ll start to feel a lot better about it. Just care for yourself and you’ll be able to work much better.
I do maths A-level. What examboard? If you do Edexcel I may be able to help you out there. I was getting like D's to begin with and I am now getting A's for quite a while now.

If 4 hours of sleep is making you sleep deprived and you cant answer simple questions like that correctly the first thing is sleep. You gotta sleep properly. Also im guessing that you are in a lot of stress right now too, stress does make you tired and increases your levels of cortisol and if you sleep you will be more energised and sleep also reduces the level of cortisol ( im not sure if it is cortisol but im on about the stress hormone thing).

What do you do when you come back from school work-wise and how much time do you spend doing it?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending