The Student Room Group

Chest pains and aches

I’ve been having sharp pains and an aching feeling in my chest for a few months now could this be sign of something really bad?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve been having sharp pains and an aching feeling in my chest for a few months now could this be sign of something really bad?

See your GP. It could be so many things from not at all serious to potentially very serious.
Have you done any strenous exercises or had trauma before/around time it started to hurt?

You need to go to the doctors
Reply 4
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
Have you done any strenous exercises or had trauma before/around time it started to hurt?

No i haven’t.. but my chest/heart aches practically everyday for a few minutes at a time
Reply 5
Original post by Rock Fan
You need to go to the doctors

Hey, I know i need to stop brushing it off as it could be something serious so going to book an appointment asap
No i haven’t.. but my chest/heart aches practically everyday for a few minutes at a time

Do you exercise regularly? At ok weight range? Eat roughly normally?

Also do you drink/smoke?
Reply 7
Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz
Do you exercise regularly? At ok weight range? Eat roughly normally?

Also do you drink/smoke?

Im an 18yr old girl 8st so I’m defiently not under or over weight. And yh I do eat normally don’t starve myself or over eat. And no don’t drink or smoke which makes me wonder what it could be!
Im an 18yr old girl 8st so I’m defiently not under or over weight. And yh I do eat normally don’t starve myself or over eat. And no don’t drink or smoke which makes me wonder what it could be!

Does the pain come from a specific location or is it anywhere/randomly on the chest area?
Reply 9
Usually in the same place around the centre or just below on the left hand side
I really don’t think you should be asking for or taking advice on an Internet forum.
Original post by Seamus123
I really don’t think you should be asking for or taking advice on an Internet forum.

I would never go off what someone tells me to do ie. take some sort of medicine! Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced the same or may have an idea that’s all.

Quick Reply

Latest