The Student Room Group

Depressed boyfriend

I've been in this relationship for 4 months and god it's been the best! i've never been so happy, we dated a year ago but i couldn't handle his depression now we're together again and he was so much happier i laughed he laughed, all was good. Until today...depression is hitting him again he doesn't know why...i'm so scared, i hate seeing him like this...it makes me sad as well i sit up at night and cry about how sad he is and go through our old messages when he was at his best and it makes me cry more...i need help. What should i do? i can't break up with him he makes me so happy! i love him too much to go.

No mean comments cheers
Reply 1
has he not seen a doctor? Is he not being treated?
Also if you broke up with him before based on his depression, it wasn't worth it to get back together cause depression doesn't magically disappear unless it is situational.
Reply 2
Why would you break up with him because he’s depressed...? Just be there for him. Let him know you’re there for him. Just because he’s going through a hard time doesn’t mean your relationship is going to go downhill or that you can’t still have fun together.
Reply 3
Original post by Routeri
has he not seen a doctor? Is he not being treated?
Also if you broke up with him before based on his depression, it wasn't worth it to get back together cause depression doesn't magically disappear unless it is situational.

He goes to therapy :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Ninomi
Why would you break up with him because he’s depressed...? Just be there for him. Let him know you’re there for him. Just because he’s going through a hard time doesn’t mean your relationship is going to go downhill or that you can’t still have fun together.

Yeah true. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending