The Student Room Group

Year 13 is making me very anxious

This is by far the worst Christmas of my life. The fact that I have a bad feeling with my upcoming mocks.
I have a lot to cover and have just over 2 weeks to somehow revise all of Maths A level and Biology A level .
I don't know where to start! Maths in particular ( we finished the course so quickly and expected to do well)
I was very confident this year with getting A*AA but by the looks of it I have to lower my standards to AAB.
I have taken a 2 day break this holiday and now it's time to work work work.

WWYD?
Reply 1
Don’t stress! If you have already applied, the mocks are irrelevant! No need to panic! Just concentrate on the final exams and do not sweat the small stuff in between!
Original post by YC359
Don’t stress! If you have already applied, the mocks are irrelevant! No need to panic! Just concentrate on the final exams and do not sweat the small stuff in between!

I have already applied and got 3 interviews for med ( I have not practised yet). I thought mocks are important?
Fortnite.

on a more serious note, I'd study one topic at a time and master it. I wouldn't rush it, I'll just take my time, even if I don't go over everything by the time the exams come up.
I feel you bro year 13 was the worst but you'll get through it x
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by HeartBlink
I feel you bro year 13 was the worst but you'll get through it x

Hopefully :,(
Original post by Leviathan1611
Fortnite.

on a more serious note, I'd study one topic at a time and master it. I wouldn't rush it, I'll just take my time, even if I don't go over everything by the time the exams come up.

FULLY agree with this. dont rush and try to learn the basics in all topics, try to go slowly and master the chapters even if you get through less. the point of mocks is to help you when the real thing comes. it'll be easier in summer to master the remaining topics than go through everything.

mocks mean sh**. literally sh**. not only does no one care (teachers i mean) but it doesnt affect your actual grade in any way.
Original post by anonymous1231231
FULLY agree with this. dont rush and try to learn the basics in all topics, try to go slowly and master the chapters even if you get through less. the point of mocks is to help you when the real thing comes. it'll be easier in summer to master the remaining topics than go through everything.

mocks mean sh**. literally sh**. not only does no one care (teachers i mean) but it doesnt affect your actual grade in any way.

Thanks.
I took this week off until today. I mean I needed some time for myself, and Christmas left me so tired :smile: sorry replied late .

You are right . I shouldn’t Be too worried about mocks , it’s mostly the fact that I have the image of being so smart and applying to med and getting crap mock grades will de motivate me. Ik I will do bad since this year the content has been rushed compared to year 12.
I hhehe decided to go with the flow and not care about mock grades to the point it’s adfecting my mental health . Thanks
Finishing the course early will benefit you in he long term as you’ll have more time to go over everything and work on what you’re not confident with
Original post by hanaahxox
Finishing the course early will benefit you in he long term as you’ll have more time to go over everything and work on what you’re not confident with

I’m making a timetable and probably would be finished by early April :smile:. My a level maths course has finished ( yes a shocker )
Good luck 💓
Reply 11
100% relate. im just trying to have my end goal as the final exams rather than mocks which like everyone has said dont mean anything. cover things you never really understood/ need to brush up on and then do questions if youve done that. im gonna continue revising now until the finals which is why small amounts of good revision is better than crash revising in this 2 weeks and burning out. GOOD LUCK xx
Original post by username4252300
This is by far the worst Christmas of my life. The fact that I have a bad feeling with my upcoming mocks.
I have a lot to cover and have just over 2 weeks to somehow revise all of Maths A level and Biology A level .
I don't know where to start! Maths in particular ( we finished the course so quickly and expected to do well)
I was very confident this year with getting A*AA but by the looks of it I have to lower my standards to AAB.
I have taken a 2 day break this holiday and now it's time to work work work.

WWYD?

My situation is near identical to yours (as you can tell by my username :rolleyes:), I have burned out after just having my mocks and I really need this break to rest. My plan is, like yours, to just work work work as I too would really like A*AA, but I am doubting that. I do Maths, Physics and Economics btw.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending