The Student Room Group

Presentation

How can I give my first presentation in university...??
Original post by Islam asghar

what topic are you presenting? are there any specific requirements for the assessment?
Hey @Islam asghar

How long is your presentation? Are you in a group or on your own? There are plenty of ways you can prepare for a presentation, the primary one of which I can recommend is faking it until you make it. Fake your confidence and believe in yourself - it sounds simple, like there should be some sort of alternate science to it, but it really isn't. Pretend you're confident and you'll seem confident, that is, if your problem lies in being anxious.

Otherwise, work your hardest on preparing your information and captivate the audience with questions, personal involvement, so on and so forth.

Best of luck :smile:
Josh

What, exactly, are you worried about?
Reply 4

Every presentation I've ever done has always been given a silly time limit, like it must last 10 minutes. The best thing to remember in a presentation is take it slow, take gaps, remember to breathe, because too often people will get nervous and speed through their presentation and miss bits making 10 minutes worth of content become about 2 minutes of jumbled up mess.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending