The Student Room Group

How is university for you?

Opinions on the uni you attend?
It's alright. Nothing special but got what I need.
I did my undergrad at Liverpool Hope and on the whole it was good but I found there were drawbacks on my course (psychology) such as late lecturers, poor content in lectures which were just read from powerpoints, last minute cancellations and rooms changes, and lack of advanced info on assignments (other courses got a list of what they needed to do in advance of the whole year). I wrote a review on whatever uni website it is (can't remember) with my own name and my lecturer had a go at me for "devaluing the degree for the other students". Never forgot that! But personally, considering the amount we now pay for degrees, I would have expected certain aspects of it to be higher quality.
Hey @ak1234

I attend Sheffield Hallam. Lots of opportunities, such as becoming a student ambassador :wink:. It's been really enjoyable, I didn't enjoy my first course and switched to a second one. I get all the support I need. I do a Media course and being able to work with practical equipment has helped me prepare in a career in industry.

Josh :smile:
Sh!t. Have fun though.
Love the course itself but not a fan of the university. Feel like I'm trapped all the time in my prison-like accommodation :redface:

Looking forward to next year as I can do more interesting modules and hopefully I'll be living somewhere better (11 weeks of university left until summer!) :biggrin:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending