The Student Room Group

Can you apply for a scholarship for second year?

I'm currently in first year and didn't really look over scholarships before I got my place in Uni, but I think I might be eligible for a few of the scholarships my Uni offers. Is it worth applying for one when the application process begins or getting in touch with someone from the admissions office, or should this have been done before I began my course?
For any scholarships offered by your university, you will need to contact them directly to enquire; Student Finance England does not administer any scholarships, only the SFE loans (maintenance and tuition).

Most universities however, will automatically consider you for some bursaries and scholarships based on the information you provide SFE that they provide to the university. SFE still isn't involved in the process other than providing the university with the same information it would otherwise. You may need to tick a box to allow SFE to provide your university with some of your information in your SFE application though?

Some scholarships however do require a separate application; these will be detailed on the relevant university (and/or department) web pages (or internally, sometimes). As above you will need to go through the individual university's (or outside body awarding the scholarship) processes, independently of SFE.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending