The Student Room Group

Not sure what to study at Uni

I still can't chose which course I wanna study when I go to uni, my A Levels are in Drama, English Lit and Psych so the obvious choices would be in Psychology or maybe Journalism etc. I am interested in these topics but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for me to look into.
Also thought about Law??
Original post by milliedowley
I still can't chose which course I wanna study when I go to uni, my A Levels are in Drama, English Lit and Psych so the obvious choices would be in Psychology or maybe Journalism etc. I am interested in these topics but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions for me to look into.
Also thought about Law??
Law and Psychology are both options, as is English Literature.

Do you have any idea about the sort of careers you'd like to go into after Higher Education?:smile:
I also have the same issues, I’m getting my A-Levels next year, taking Politics, Law and Philosophy, I’m still debating between many choices, it always helps to talk with your teachers.
Original post by milliedowley
Also thought about Law??

My thoughts about Law are that it's only really worth going down that long and tortuous road if you have a fighting chance of success at the end of it, as in being predicted all As and Bs at A level. It is a very oversaturated job market and people say that the subject matter is boring and hard for the majority of Law students (I don't have personal experience). If you are not 100% committed to Law, you might be better off doing a degree in a subject you will enjoy, such as English or Psychology, and then revisiting the idea at a later stage. After your degree, you could gain a postgraduate qualification in Law, Journalism or whatever career area interested you most at the time.

Quick Reply

Latest