The Student Room Group

4 year relationship...

I have been with my boyfriend since the age of 12 and I’m currently 17. I love him so much but I’m starting to wish I hadn’t have spent all this time in a relationship. I find myself extremely attracted to other guys recently since starting college and actually think about being with them! I’m way too young to feel married please give me advice!!!
I don’t think you should spend more time in a relationship you don’t want to be in. Be honest with your boyfriend🤷🏼*♀️
Reply 2
Original post by Xoxoxoxxo
I have been with my boyfriend since the age of 12 and I’m currently 17. I love him so much but I’m starting to wish I hadn’t have spent all this time in a relationship. I find myself extremely attracted to other guys recently since starting college and actually think about being with them! I’m way too young to feel married please give me advice!!!
This is pretty normal, really. You either stay with him or you don't. Nobody's going to make that decision for you.
This is normal, maybe you just feel this way as you haven’t had time apart. Just think, is he the one you want for your whole life, if he is and you just have these normal intrusive thoughts. You’re okay 😊x
Reply 4
I do enjoy spending time with him as he’s practically my best friend! It’s just making me wonder if there are underlying problems as I keep wanting to be single again and enjoy male attention.
Original post by borna_greblo
I don’t think you should spend more time in a relationship you don’t want to be in. Be honest with your boyfriend🤷🏼*♀️
I do enjoy spending time with him as he’s practically my best friend! It’s just making me wonder if there are underlying problems as I keep wanting to be single again and enjoy male attention.

I feel as if you’d know if there’s any other issues, If not. Have a think. But honestly, if he’s the one. It’ll always work out. I wish you all the best.

Do you want to break up with him or be just friends? You need to think about what would make you feel happier: being single or still in this relationship
Reply 7
Its so hard to decide what to do! But I constantly feel guilty for thinking about other guys and wanting their attention. (Original post by borna_greblo)Do you want to break up with him or be just friends? You need to think about what would make you feel happier: being single or still in this relationship

It's pretty clear that you don't really want to be with him. If you did, you wouldn't want other male attention and you wouldn't want to be single.

To be fair on him, break up. He should be able to find someone who 100% wants to be with him and doesn't even consider wanting anyone else. You also deserve to find someone who you want to be with 100%.
Reply 9
I guess it's run its course and you're ready for some new experiences. See if you can end it as amiably as you can to bank some of the good times from a significant relationship. Might not be easy mind.

I understand your frustration but your still too young to attatch yourself to one person, dont forget there can always be someone better out there for you, and its okay have second thoughts. id say break up with your current boyfriend, dont waste more time, have fun and look around you never know who you might find. best wishes xx
Perfectly normal, just be honest with him.
Sorry, but you say "I love him so much", but if you want to leave the relationship and go and see other people then you clearly don't like him as much as you think you do. When you love someone, really love them I mean rather than the "love" you feel when you're 12, you see yourself with them forever. It doesn't matter how many other people you've been, if your first boyfriend is "the one" then that would be all that you need. The fact that you're having such strong doubts suggests to me that he's not "the one" and you're possibly only still with him out of habit, because maybe he's not done anything wrong to make you want to break up with him, but you know you're not "in love" with him.. if that makes sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending