The Student Room Group

Cancelled application

Hiya,

Basically I applied for student finance in 2015, and was sent an entitlement letter, however cancelled the application and withdrew my university offer before receiving anything from SFE or starting the course. (This was Summer 2015)

Now this September I’m going into my final year on a different course, which I started in September 2016, so this will be my fourth year of actually being at university. I’m aware that you are allowed 4 years of support in total for undergraduate courses, so I’m wondering whether I will be entitled to apply for student finance for this year, or whether the 2015 application would technically class as a year of finance, even though I withdrew and cancelled all applications way before the course was due to start.

Sorry if this all sounds confusing, I appreciate any help and advice!
Original post by Haz Baz
Hiya,

Basically I applied for student finance in 2015, and was sent an entitlement letter, however cancelled the application and withdrew my university offer before receiving anything from SFE or starting the course. (This was Summer 2015)

Now this September I’m going into my final year on a different course, which I started in September 2016, so this will be my fourth year of actually being at university. I’m aware that you are allowed 4 years of support in total for undergraduate courses, so I’m wondering whether I will be entitled to apply for student finance for this year, or whether the 2015 application would technically class as a year of finance, even though I withdrew and cancelled all applications way before the course was due to start.

Sorry if this all sounds confusing, I appreciate any help and advice!

Hi,

A student is eligible for funding for the duration of their course plus one additional year that every student gets in case of any repeats. There is no rule or regulation that states a student is only entitled to four years of funding.

In your online account here http://ow.ly/UTGm30np7OZ, what is the status of the 2015 application?

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Nihad
Hi,

A student is eligible for funding for the duration of their course plus one additional year that every student gets in case of any repeats. There is no rule or regulation that states a student is only entitled to four years of funding.

In your online account here http://ow.ly/UTGm30np7OZ, what is the status of the 2015 application?

Regards,
Nihad

Ok great thanks, and when I log into that I can't see anything regarding my 2015 application
Original post by Haz Baz
Ok great thanks, and when I log into that I can't see anything regarding my 2015 application

Hi there,

Can you send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter? That way, we can access your account and check this.

Warm regards,
Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending