The Student Room Group

Cancelling and redoing an approved student finance applicaiton

Hi, so I recently had cancelled an already approved application and reapplied a day ago, due to being unable to change my details in regards to a maintenance loan. Is it possible for it to still be approved, despite being so soon to the start of the academic year?
Did you call SFE before cancelling the application and did they tell you to cancel it? As normally changes are made without cancelling an application using a different form.

Note that "late" applications for SFE funding will still be approved - as long as it's not more than 9 months after the start date of the course. It just means that you may not receive your funding in time for the start of the academic year, in which case you will need to notify your uni that your SFE application is still being processed (this is common and they will just mark it on their system regarding the tuition fee loan), but otherwise you will need to organise your finances to cover that gap until your loan is approved and disbursed.
Original post by Chris Avery
Hi, so I recently had cancelled an already approved application and reapplied a day ago, due to being unable to change my details in regards to a maintenance loan. Is it possible for it to still be approved, despite being so soon to the start of the academic year?

Hi there, What is the current status of the new application? Has any evidence been requested? Thanks, Angela
Reply 3
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi there, What is the current status of the new application? Has any evidence been requested? Thanks, Angela

Hi there.

So, I was approved and just in the details confirmation stage right now.
Original post by Chris Avery
Hi there.

So, I was approved and just in the details confirmation stage right now.

Hi there, So we can advise of an expected timescale for the application to be approved we would advise to contact us direct. You can contact us via the live chat option if available in your online account or by calling us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending