The Student Room Group

humiliated myself at a party

last night at a 16th birthday party I got really drunk for the first time ever I did stupid things like I took all my clothes off in front of several guys at the party they were all cheering and I just sat and rolled on the floor laughing I was thankful for my friend as she told me today she stopped a guy trying to get on top of me when I was on the floor, I got picked up by my parents and I was sick in their car, they have grounded me for 2 weeks which I cant believe, I can deal with a telling off but not being allowed out is killing me. I feel I had learned my lesson anyway this hangover I got is enough, how can I convince my parents to go back on their word?
You did all that and only got 2 weeks of being grounded?

Oh well, you aren't the first person to do crazy things under the influence of alcohol. Try to be more responsible next time. If people mention it later explain you were wrecked and laugh about it. If you will insist on abusing alcohol whilst being underage at least do it around people who are sensible and will keep everyone out of trouble whilst it is going on.
(edited 5 years ago)
just be glad no one took any videos or photos of you when you stripped
Original post by Leighanne J
last night at a 16th birthday party I got really drunk for the first time ever I did stupid things like I took all my clothes off in front of several guys at the party they were all cheering and I just sat and rolled on the floor laughing I was thankful for my friend as she told me today she stopped a guy trying to get on top of me when I was on the floor, I got picked up by my parents and I was sick in their car, they have grounded me for 2 weeks which I cant believe, I can deal with a telling off but not being allowed out is killing me. I feel I had learned my lesson anyway this hangover I got is enough, how can I convince my parents to go back on their word?

tell them how you feel
tell them that you have seen how bad it is to get drunk and that you will probably next time either not drink or you wil drink very little
Reply 4

Tbh thats not that bad of a punishment, a lot of parents would forbid you from going to a party ever again. Take it as a lesson: to know your drinking limit and never go past it regardless of what your mates say.
I have known parties occur circumstances way more serious than this and with results which were far more serious as well. You were at a party, went overboard and ended up removing clothing, I myself have done exactly the same thing in college in the union bar in front of a lot of people- taking part in that well known team game where you have to swap clothing with a member of the opposite sex faster than competing pairs. Whilst you were consuming alcohol illegally, no other laws were broken, no one was injured or committed any crimes. You made made a minor fool of yourself whilst under the influence and there will be a huge list of people who have done that so join the club.

Where you young folks are insisting on drinking booze I would strongly urge that you do it with at least a few older (18+) and responsible, trusted people in attendance, too who can keep an eye on people who may become vulnerable when under the influence.
Pretty fair punishment. You'll cope.

Have you no shame at all. You are 16 so should not have been drinking. The boys will have taken photos and will no doubt post them all over social media. You need to seriously think about how stupid you have been. I would be so embarrassed and you are complaining that "not being allowed out is killing me" ANything could have happened.
It's amazing what first-time posters get up to, isn't it?
Is it underage drinking?According to the gov.uk website it is legal for a person aged 16 or 17 to drink beer, wine or cider with a meal when accompanied by an adult outside a licensed area such as a pub or restaurant.However the website also says that it is illegal for an adult to buy alcohol for someone under the age of 18. These two statements conflict with each other as any alcohol consumed by a non adult would have been bought by an adult. https://www.gov.uk/alcohol-young-people-law
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
Is it underage drinking?According to the gov.uk website it is legal for a person aged 16 or 17 to drink beer, wine or cider with a meal when accompanied by an adult outside a licensed area such as a pub or restaurant.However the website also says that it is illegal for an adult to buy alcohol for someone under the age of 18. These two statements conflict with each other as any alcohol consumed by a non adult would have been bought by an adult. https://www.gov.uk/alcohol-young-people-law

Perfectly legal to give alcohol to children on private un-licenced property.

The law means you cannot specifcally purchase alcohol on behalf of children; ie: They give you the money for it. You can buy it yourself and later gift it to them.
I would not be too complacent if a party of under-age drinkers became inebriated on my property and problems occurred. The police and possibly social services would have a field day.

I am not dismissive of 'first time posters', it may be a serious question or a young person looking to explore a topic or train of thought, no harm in any case.

Don't worry about it. Everyone has a body and can be influenced by what goes on around them, and although you may feel upset and embarrassed about what had happened, you are not the only one in that situation. Have your parents spoken to you about why you were grounded?
which I cant believe? lol white new age parents these days, coming from a white family lol - youre lucky you didnt get whooped lol
Right, most people seem to be guilt tricking you for drinking underage, I would say that's bullsh*t- I'm not much older than you and have been drinking since I was about 14 and underage drinking isn't really a big issue in the UK. As for what you did, yeah it's stupid and you should feel humiliated but remember people have done far worse at parties and once there is another one they will stop talking about it. Now you know how you react when you're drunk and just make sure you don't take it too far again, apologise to whoever's birthday it was and just try to keep a low profile at school.
Reply 15
Original post by modifiedgenes
I would not be too complacent if a party of under-age drinkers became inebriated on my property and problems occurred. The police and possibly social services would have a field day.

I'd like to think both services would have better things to be doing with their time (and not enough funding to do so either).

The police would only be concerned if such problems were of the illegal nature, obviously.

Would you be kind enough to send me an invitation to your next year's party?? I would be happy to fly over to see what you do for an encore!! Cheers.
Reply 17
Original post by Rabbit2
Would you be kind enough to send me an invitation to your next year's party?? I would be happy to fly over to see what you do for an encore!! Cheers.

Yes officer, this one here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending