The Student Room Group

I feel very confused and slightly led on

After matching with a girl around a week ago on bumble we started talking a lot and we found out we had a lot in common and went to the same uni.

We talked for hours over the last 6 days and she asked if i wanted to get coffee with her. I said yes and arranged to meet this Friday. Things went well with over 30 messages a day on text and even a few phone calls. we flirted, started to make plans for Friday and things seemed pretty steady.

Suddenly after one of the phone calls she said she can no longer make Friday, even though in the call she said she could. Furthermore, after asking to reschedule the date, i got the reply ' I will give you a shout' and then she ignored my message afterwards for the rest of the day.

I feel so confused and a little hurt, just as it seemed more like an excuse than a reason. Everything was going fine all the way with no signs of her pulling away. I just feel a bit led on and hurt!! is that normal?
yes, it's normal to feel that way. Message her/ call her and ask her one more time if shes still interested. If not then leave her. You never know she might be lying about everything and be a catfish. It seems as though she did it on purpose and had no intentions of meeting up with you. but I get you, you thought you had a connection and she just cut you off suddenly but oh well. Online dating is just dodgy imo.
Original post by Anonymous
After matching with a girl around a week ago on bumble we started talking a lot and we found out we had a lot in common and went to the same uni.

We talked for hours over the last 6 days and she asked if i wanted to get coffee with her. I said yes and arranged to meet this Friday. Things went well with over 30 messages a day on text and even a few phone calls. we flirted, started to make plans for Friday and things seemed pretty steady.

Suddenly after one of the phone calls she said she can no longer make Friday, even though in the call she said she could. Furthermore, after asking to reschedule the date, i got the reply ' I will give you a shout' and then she ignored my message afterwards for the rest of the day.

I feel so confused and a little hurt, just as it seemed more like an excuse than a reason. Everything was going fine all the way with no signs of her pulling away. I just feel a bit led on and hurt!! is that normal?

Sadly its not uncommon. Most online dates happen like this. Move on and up, don't dwell on the past

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending