The Student Room Group

Been stuck at 15% body fat for over a year

I keep dieting for 2 weeks then having a week of eating badly then repeating.

I know how to lose fat but it’s hard and I lack discipline.

I originally was 25% body fat but got down to 15%

What can I do?
Reply 1
Don't diet and don't eat badly instead try to find an overall diet and exercise that you can sustain indefinately (at least until you get old or broken). Try to cut down on the "bad" things 1 bad thing at a time - it's ok to have an occasional "bad" thing just try not to let it become a daily thing.
Reply 2
are you a girl or a guy? if youre a girl, i think its really really difficult to go below 15% (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

if youre trying to slim down more to have a more toned looking figure, try lifting weights if you dont do so already :smile: (this is super patronising if you already do haha)
cry or stop caring and accept urself
Reply 4
15% is reasonably low and you will be healthy where you are. Accept yourself and be happy. You are by no means in need of losing any more
Reply 5
Original post by sotor
are you a girl or a guy? if youre a girl, i think its really really difficult to go below 15% (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

if youre trying to slim down more to have a more toned looking figure, try lifting weights if you dont do so already :smile: (this is super patronising if you already do haha)

I’m a dude. I have a fat face that I want to get rid of oh and there’s abs too
Original post by Iownuk
I’m a dude. I have a fat face that I want to get rid of oh and there’s abs too

how did you get from 25% to mid 10s?I am stuck in the low 20s :frown:
not true. I eat only one meal a day and my fat percentage is bad. my bmi is 22.
Reply 8
I know. I’m just saying I burn like 2pounds and then put those 2 pounds back on because I fall off my diet again
so it doesn't matter what you eat as long as it is less?
Reply 10
Original post by hmmmmmmmm1
how did you get from 25% to mid 10s?I am stuck in the low 20s :frown:

Eat less lol
Reply 11
Original post by hmmmmmmmm1
so it doesn't matter what you eat as long as it is less?

Protein high foods if you want to look sexy af
Original post by Iownuk
Eat less lol

what did you used to eat on a typical day
Reply 13
Original post by sotor

We guys love your curves ladies. Don’t be trying to be ultra slim 😍
Original post by Iownuk
I keep dieting for 2 weeks then having a week of eating badly then repeating.

I know how to lose fat but it’s hard and I lack discipline.

I originally was 25% body fat but got down to 15%

What can I do?

Your body weight probably went down which meant you need to further decrease calorie intake because a smaller BW means less calories. Bodybuilders drop calories bit by bit before shows.

Quick Reply

Latest