The Student Room Group

BF broke up with me but still wants to be friends

Hey, so I've been seeing this guy for 4 months now, and early in Jan we had a blip, he talked about how he doesn't know he feels about anything in life, including our relationship, but then after that blip, things went back to being good, then early this month, he broke up with me saying that he has lost feelings for me and he doesn't know why, but he would like for us to still be friends? I'm so confused on what to do, so I'd appreciate if anyone could give me any advice or help on what to do. Thanks in advance 💓
If you enjoy his company and still want to be around him, then continue being friends and hang out non-romantically. If you're sick of him, don't spend time with him. Do what feels best.
Reply 2
Only if you're comfortable being 'just' friends.

If the thought of seeing him flirt with girls makes you upset then this route probably isn't the one for you.
Reply 3
Well, I can understand that it is hard for you, but what is wrong with being just friends. I mean it wasn't a fight between two of you, and things are good, so why not being just friends.
I can understand that it is hard to be friends when you want more, but if you can handle it, why not?
Haha couldn’t be me
I'm sorry he broke up with you. It sounds like this came as a bit of a surprise.

Were you two friends before you started dating? Are you part of the same friend group? If so it is possible to resume a friendship over time; but if you didn't really know him before and he was new to your life when you began dating him then, honestly, the odds will be low remaining friends. A lot of times people say that even though they don't truly intend on being friends (meaning getting together and hanging out) but don't want to part on bad terms either. Usually in this situation the person doesn't have bad feeling towards their ex and they can leave the relationship not feeling too guilty for having broken it off. Also I think if they happen to run into said ex they can be cordial and friendly - as opposed to being mad at each other and avoiding each other if they do happen to cross paths.
Relationships change. All of them do. Unfortunately sometimes feelings change as well. I know that seems hurtful but it isn't personal to you. Something is going on in his life where a relationship doesn't seem to fit right now. He does like you as a person and I'm sure wishes you well which is why he wants to 'remain friends' but it doesn't mean he's going to be calling you to hang out (unless it is a friend group situation).
Thank you all for your advice, I much appreciate it, I've sorted it out now. 💓

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending