The Student Room Group

Tell us about your open day experiences!

I want to hear your open day experiences!

Please share the good, the bad and the ugly with us. What can universities do to improve? And what can they do to make you actually attend after you’ve signed up? 😊
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SallyMustang
I want to hear your open day experiences!

Please share the good, the bad and the ugly with us. What can universities do to improve? And what can they do to make you actually attend after you’ve signed up? 😊

I've been to so many Open Days...the ones that stand out are the ones that were friendliest (like Cardiff) where they gave away free popcorn while showing a short film about the Uni, all the staff were so nice and even the bus and taxi drivers in the city were chatty and enthusiastic about the Uni. The ones that stand out for the wrong reasons are the ones that were hopelessly disorganised (sorry Royal Holloway) with huge queues for everything.

And Southampton Uni had a senior Admissions man who really took the time to talk to us in depth about unconditional offers and why they had taken the decision not to offer them to Year 13 pupils...even one single person can leave you with a good impression of a place and make you warm to the Uni

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending