The Student Room Group

Accepting uni offers

Hlo guys,

I have applied to 5 uni's through ucas for the course media and culture . They are :
Cardiff university
University of Leeds
University of Sheffield
Lancaster university
Newcastle university

I have received conditional offers from Cardiff, Newcatle ,Leeds and Sheffield. Can anyone plz tell me when is the deadline to accept the offer from the uni?? Or is it only after getting an unconditional offer?
Original post by Akived
Hlo guys,

I have applied to 5 uni's through ucas for the course media and culture . They are :
Cardiff university
University of Leeds
University of Sheffield
Lancaster university
Newcastle university

I have received conditional offers from Cardiff, Newcatle ,Leeds and Sheffield. Can anyone plz tell me when is the deadline to accept the offer from the uni?? Or is it only after getting an unconditional offer?

When Lancaster makes their decision you will get a deadline on Track.

The exact deadline will depend on when Lancaster makes a decision. If they decide before the end of March then your deadline will be at the start of May. If they wait until April to decide then your deadline will be in early June.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
When Lancaster makes their decision you will get a deadline on Track.

The exact deadline will depend on when Lancaster makes a decision. If they decide before the end of March then your deadline will be at the start of May. If they wait until April to decide then your deadline will be in early June.

But, in case Lancaster makes their decision by March, does that mean that I'll have to select a uni before I have my results?? (my results will be out by the end of May or early June)
Reply 3
Original post by Akived
But, in case Lancaster makes their decision by March, does that mean that I'll have to select a uni before I have my results?? (my results will be out by the end of May or early June)

Normally people accept their offers before receiving their results, yes.
Original post by Akived

Yes. That’s why if you pick a conditional offer as your firm choice then you can also pick another offer as an insurance choice.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Yes. That’s why if you pick a conditional offer as your firm choice then you can also pick another offer as an insurance choice.

Ooohh.. I didn't know that.. Thanks for the info
Reply 6
Original post by Sinnoh
Normally people accept their offers before receiving their results, yes.

Thanks for replying 😇
Reply 7
So.....i have already decided Cardiff as my primary choice. Any suggestions of which uni I should take as an insurance choice?? I have Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle and Lancaster (Lancaster haven't replied yet). My course is media and culture.
Reply 8
Original post by Akived
So.....i have already decided Cardiff as my primary choice. Any suggestions of which uni I should take as an insurance choice?? I have Leeds, Sheffield, Newcastle and Lancaster (Lancaster haven't replied yet). My course is media and culture.

Are all their offers the same? Are there any you wouldn't want to go to?
Reply 9
Original post by Sinnoh
Are all their offers the same? Are there any you wouldn't want to go to?

I received conditional offers from Cardiff, Leeds, Newcastle and Sheffield. There are differences in the grades each uni is asking for, but then I guess I'll make it......I don't think there's any uni I wouldn't want to go🤔. Your suggestions......(my course is media and culture) .
Reply 10
Original post by Akived
I received conditional offers from Cardiff, Leeds, Newcastle and Sheffield. There are differences in the grades each uni is asking for, but then I guess I'll make it......I don't think there's any uni I wouldn't want to go🤔. Your suggestions......(my course is media and culture) .

Which uni is best for the course media and culture considering other factors as well???
Reply 11
Original post by Akived

If you don't have any preference then just put the one with lower requirements as your insurance
Reply 12
Original post by Sinnoh
If you don't have any preference then just put the one with lower requirements as your insurance

OK......but which uni is the best ? (excluding Cardiff).
Reply 13
Original post by Akived
OK......but which uni is the best ? (excluding Cardiff).

I can't answer that. I don't think anyone else can. It's just something you're going to have to decide for yourself - which is the best for you to attend.
Reply 14
Original post by Sinnoh
I can't answer that. I don't think anyone else can. It's just something you're going to have to decide for yourself - which is the best for you to attend.

Working on it..! 🤔🤔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending