The Student Room Group

Diet advise?

I am 16 years old, and have been ‘lifting’ seriously for around 8 months. I have made serious progress. I am 5”8 and roughly 146-150lb and quite stocking built. I am roughly 13-14% body fat. I’ve been trying to lose the last dregs of fat on my lower belly to uncover my lower two abs (already have top 4). I have tried intermiddent fasting and it has worked to a degree, paired with a healthy lifestyle and calorie deficit. However I can’t seem to quite get the last bits off. I was considering doing a Keto diet with fasting. Unfortunately, some say you can’t eat high protein with a Keto diet, would this lead to me losing muscle mass? I eat roughly 130-140g protein a day these days, low fat and medium carb. Any advise is appreciated :smile:
take roids mate
If you want to lose weight to show your lower abs you will lose muscle mass too, that is just the process when going in a caloric deficit. So it doesn't matter that you do a keto diet. But people normally see a higher weight loss in a shorter period of time from a keto diet. But there are many disadvantages too, search it up. I am not sure if you are not supposed to have protein shakes but you can still eat meats that have high protein but in moderate consumption. Keto consists of high fat and low carbs.

But do you do any cardio? It is all well and good doing weights, but if you want to lose weight, add some cardio in your schedule. (I suggest HIIT)

Add some ab workouts if you haven't done so already.

Then it just takes time.
Reply 3
Yeah mate I do cardio and have an ab routine (it could be better though). I know i’ll lose muscle just trying to minimise it, thanks for the advise
Original post by kurro
If you want to lose weight to show your lower abs you will lose muscle mass too, that is just the process when going in a caloric deficit. So it doesn't matter that you do a keto diet. But people normally see a higher weight loss in a shorter period of time from a keto diet. But there are many disadvantages too, search it up. I am not sure if you are not supposed to have protein shakes but you can still eat meats that have high protein but in moderate consumption. Keto consists of high fat and low carbs.

But do you do any cardio? It is all well and good doing weights, but if you want to lose weight, add some cardio in your schedule. (I suggest HIIT)

Add some ab workouts if you haven't done so already.

Then it just takes time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending