The Student Room Group

Need advice about my boyfriend

So recently my boyfriend had been ignoring me. I confessed to him on valentines and he accepted, we were phoning texting and flirting for the past few weeks and going out and all that. I ask him out or ask if he wants to phone over text and he completely ignores my offers. Should I text him casually, confront him about it or just wait until he texts me. I don’t want to break up but I don’t want to be that paranoid gf either. I asked last night if he wanted to go ice skating over the weekend then said never mind since he has exams over the weekend which I had forgotten about. I text that last night and he hasn’t text me since. I see him face to face every Tuesday. However our relationship is a secret so people in his year don’t bully him due to the age gap (I’m 13 he is 16) excluding a few close friends. I can’t confront him about it person to person that means. Anyway maybe I am thinking to much of it, I’m sure he is stressed as he is sitting his GCSEs and this weekend he is sitting an exam board so I’m trying to give him space. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks! :smile:
My gf doesn't text me either, she's on a year abroad and busy trying to pass it (as part of her degree)
Either way you're really young so won't be able to do most of the romantic stuff that defines couples. When you do get a chance to meet, just hang out like you're friends
Wow, that's quite an age gap at that age.
Reply 3
Original post by AzureCeleste
Wow, that's quite an age gap at that age.

Yeah it’s really awkward since he only turned 16 a month ago and I am due to turn 14 in June. We both don’t mind the age gap though and we are only 2 years apart school year wise 😂
Reply 4
Original post by hello_shawn
My gf doesn't text me either, she's on a year abroad and busy trying to pass it (as part of her degree)
Either way you're really young so won't be able to do most of the romantic stuff that defines couples. When you do get a chance to meet, just hang out like you're friends

Well, we do try to do romance stuff sometimes, but we haven’t gone that far. Like we have held hands, hugged and he kissed my cheek once. But that is over a period of 3 weeks. I’m just praying he does well in his GCSEs at the moment. I am trying to let him focus on his exams since they matter the most and I told him I will text him less after Easter 😃
Original post by ThatBlonde
Yeah it’s really awkward since he only turned 16 a month ago and I am due to turn 14 in June. We both don’t mind the age gap though and we are only 2 years apart school year wise 😂

Even still you are at different points in your life.
Reply 6
Original post by AzureCeleste
Even still you are at different points in your life.

Yeah, we try to make it work anyway😂😂
So recently my boyfriend had been ignoring me. I confessed to him on valentines and he accepted, we were phoning texting and flirting for the past few weeks and going out and all that. I ask him out or ask if he wants to phone over text and he completely ignores my offers. Should I text him casually, confront him about it or just wait until he texts me. I don’t want to break up but I don’t want to be that paranoid gf either. I asked last night if he wanted to go ice skating over the weekend then said never mind since he has exams over the weekend which I had forgotten about. I text that last night and he hasn’t text me since. I see him face to face every Tuesday. However our relationship is a secret so people in his year don’t bully him due to the age gap (I’m 13 he is 16) excluding a few close friends. I can’t confront him about it person to person that means. Anyway maybe I am thinking to much of it, I’m sure he is stressed as he is sitting his GCSEs and this weekend he is sitting an exam board so I’m trying to give him space. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks! :smile:

Maybe cautiously bring up that you noticed he hasn't been replying recently and is anything up, or ask if you'd done anything you weren't aware of. You're not being paranoid if u go about it the right way :smile: hope u can sort it out
Reply 8
Thanks for the advice, very much appreciated <3

Original post by ohdahnnyboi
Maybe cautiously bring up that you noticed he hasn't been replying recently and is anything up, or ask if you'd done anything you weren't aware of. You're not being paranoid if u go about it the right way :smile: hope u can sort it out
So I think that you should just maybe ease into a conversation? Like if you guys are talking abt exams maybe say something like "I know you are busy with revision and test but don't forget about me!" Just lets him know that you are there for him and he might realise he has been ignoring you.
(edited 5 years ago)

ring childline m8
Relationships at your age are ridiculous. Go study instead.
Original post by help_me123
So I think that you should just maybe ease into a conversation? Like if you guys are talking abt exams maybe say something like "I know you are busy with revision and test but don't forget about me!" Just lets him know that you are there for him and he might realise he has been ignoring you.

Great thanks! I shall use this information in our next conversation:smile:
Thanks, will do in our next conversation! :smile:

Original post by help_me123
Original post by Jhonnymarr
ring childline m8

Definitely, thanks bruh
you might not agree but thats a crazy age gap, the difference in maturity between a 16 year old and a 13 year is a big difference!!

hes gonna sit his gcses and then move on to a completely different part of his life when youre just starting your gcses! id be worried for you tbh
Original post by Lilligant22
Relationships at your age are ridiculous. Go study instead.

Don’t get me wrong, I study. However it would be bad to have undeveloped social skills in my future. We will most likely have a break up, trust me I know. Though it’s good to have some experience in relationships, even if it’s cringy 😂
Original post by Anonymous
you might not agree but thats a crazy age gap, the difference in maturity between a 16 year old and a 13 year is a big difference!!

hes gonna sit his gcses and then move on to a completely different part of his life when youre just starting your gcses! id be worried for you tbh

Thanks for your concern! I’m trying to give him his space so he can revise, especially April/May time. I know we are at different stages however we are both happy enough, nothing is that serious where we are deeply involved in a relationship. :smile:
Don’t get me wrong, I study. However it would be bad to have undeveloped social skills in my future. We will most likely have a break up, trust me I know. Though it’s good to have some experience in relationships, even if it’s cringy 😂

I get what you mean and it's fun to have a boyfriend, but it's not necessary.

If you want it, though, then by all means. Just feel glad that you have all of the time in the world to grow up before you have to find a partner and have kids. Cherish what childhood you have.
Original post by Lilligant22
I get what you mean and it's fun to have a boyfriend, but it's not necessary.

If you want it, though, then by all means. Just feel glad that you have all of the time in the world to grow up before you have to find a partner and have kids. Cherish what childhood you have.

Thanks, will do! I plan to make the most out of my summer this year before I start GCSEs 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending