The Student Room Group

Anxious Learner driver

Hi, I’m 17 and I’m currently taking driving lessons I’ve had 3 lessons each 1 hour and I feel so hopeless my 3rd lesson I did junctions and I lose my mind on coordination with the pedals, I don’t know what to do I feel hopeless but I want to keep trying, is it normal to be like this on the 3rd lesson
Reply 1
On your third lesson? You’ve hardly done anything! Yes that’s absolutely normal to feel like that! You have only driven for 3 hours. People will feel like you 50 hours in and some even after they pass.
How you're feeling is completely normal! I've had over ten hours worth of driving lessons so far and I'm still a nervous wreck to be perfectly honest. I can drive well (just about) but I can feel how tense I am. The only way to gain confidence is to keep practising and gaining experience. Anyone you speak to will tell you that they used to be super cautious and nervous when they first started to learn, it's totally understandable. Keep persevering though, it seems like a never ending challenge but it will all pay off in the end.
Original post by Orange.26
Hi, I’m 17 and I’m currently taking driving lessons I’ve had 3 lessons each 1 hour and I feel so hopeless my 3rd lesson I did junctions and I lose my mind on coordination with the pedals, I don’t know what to do I feel hopeless but I want to keep trying, is it normal to be like this on the 3rd lesson
Reply 3
Original post by maoam_mcg
How you're feeling is completely normal! I've had over ten hours worth of driving lessons so far and I'm still a nervous wreck to be perfectly honest. I can drive well (just about) but I can feel how tense I am. The only way to gain confidence is to keep practising and gaining experience. Anyone you speak to will tell you that they used to be super cautious and nervous when they first started to learn, it's totally understandable. Keep persevering though, it seems like a never ending challenge but it will all pay off in the end.

Thankyou that’s really helped, I guess the only way is forwards and I hope your driving goes well for you!
Thank you! Good luck!:biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Joe_01
On your third lesson? You’ve hardly done anything! Yes that’s absolutely normal to feel like that! You have only driven for 3 hours. People will feel like you 50 hours in and some even after they pass.

I guess your right I think once I gain my confidence is my coordination I’ll find my way through it all, I just never thought I’d ever feel this anxious it’s all new to me. Have you started lessons or are you driving and how do you find it?
Moved to the learning to drive forum :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Orange.26
I guess your right I think once I gain my confidence is my coordination I’ll find my way through it all, I just never thought I’d ever feel this anxious it’s all new to me. Have you started lessons or are you driving and how do you find it?

Yeah I’ve been driving for a while now but I remember learning. Don’t worry about your driving, you’ll do fine and (nearly) all people learn one day! Don’t worry you will get better.

Joe
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending