The Student Room Group

pros and cons of an ldr

if i was to enter a online relationship with someone i would never meet(canada) would it work?

atm shes really depressed and stuff, but i think i can make it work this summer. and since she only does ldr's since in real boys only want her for her 'body' n other stuff.

i'm thinking an relationship in sixth form this year(y11 now) and if it works with her it may be hard. not being intimate and stuff

what do yall think
If you're never going to meet then it won't work. Your relationship will be doomed from the start and the inevitable break-up could be further damaging to her mental health.
Reply 2
Original post by sinfonietta
If you're never going to meet then it won't work. Your relationship will be doomed from the start and the inevitable break-up could be further damaging to her mental health.

ye thats what im worried for. her old bf cheating did her badd, as in she go suicidal and stuff.

idk tho, i'll have a long ahh summer n best if i spend it w her yk have good times then break up or something after college? this all depends if she still has feelins for me haha
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
idk tho, i'll have a long ahh summer n best if i spend it w her yk have good times then break up or something after college? this all depends if she still has feelins for me haha

How can you 'spend it with her' and 'have good times' when she isn't there, and never will be?

Sounds totally pointless and a huge waste of time and effort. Leave yourself open to a real relationship, should the possibility come along.
if i was to enter a online relationship with someone i would never meet(canada) would it work?

atm shes really depressed and stuff, but i think i can make it work this summer. and since she only does ldr's since in real boys only want her for her 'body' n other stuff.

i'm thinking an relationship in sixth form this year(y11 now) and if it works with her it may be hard. not being intimate and stuff

what do yall think

Being honest here. I think it would work! i'm in a LDR myself, it's working out great! but tip. Communication!!!!! if not it WILL result in arguments, i learnt the hard way. And be honest with each other and you both have to make the effort, again i learnt the hard way. But we both did and we met up for the first time it went amazing!!!

I think it would work out great! if you love her, go for it :smile:
My boyfriend is depressed but since i've been dating him he's got a lot better, just support her through it and help her through it :smile:
Hope this helped!!! xx
Reply 5
Original post by Neilos
How can you 'spend it with her' and 'have good times' when she isn't there, and never will be?

Sounds totally pointless and a huge waste of time and effort. Leave yourself open to a real relationship, should the possibility come along.

i mean yk, we play online games together and call, she sings on call to me when shes down n stuff. haha id know ig i'll be bored and i kinda like her, she hella cute so why not.

i'll make myself open to one in sixth form. i mean atm shes being dramatic as hell and not opening up so i might not even start.
online relationship takes effort; seeing them everyday, doing gifts and strict mom doesn't make this easy.
how do u fall in love online, wth? of course since we're online, people online will come and say that it's possible. but in reality, very few people fall in love online,especially with someone far away :hmmmm:
ye thats what im worried for. her old bf cheating did her badd, as in she go suicidal and stuff.

Don't play games with a girl. If you're already planning to break-up before you even get together then it's selfish to put her through that.
Reply 8
Being honest here. I think it would work! i'm in a LDR myself, it's working out great! but tip. Communication!!!!! if not it WILL result in arguments, i learnt the hard way. And be honest with each other and you both have to make the effort, again i learnt the hard way. But we both did and we met up for the first time it went amazing!!!

I think it would work out great! if you love her, go for it :smile:
My boyfriend is depressed but since i've been dating him he's got a lot better, just support her through it and help her through it :smile:
Hope this helped!!! xx

this helped, gave me a bit of hop yk but intimacy is key! i just wanna stay not bored this summer, on top of a massive list of stuff would be great to chill w her and then maybe slowly turn single for sixth form

tbh, i know. i messaged her about it and i'll stop being clingy and if she says its fine then i aint gonna waste time on her no more haha.

i go to a boys school atm and outside of school i cant really go out and be asking out random girls idk.
I can't see any pros, only cons.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
how do u fall in love online, wth? of course since we're online, people online will come and say that it's possible. but in reality, very few people fall in love online,especially with someone far away :hmmmm:

so basically i have discord and a game where ppl play and we get each others and call/text and she kinda cute. her ig. however her personality. i would fall in love more easily inrl but lack of girls limit me to online haha

im defo not looking for a long-term thing.
Original post by Pachuco
I can't see any pros, only cons.

haha. me rn after reading all these replies :tongue:

what do yall think

Well, no, it wouldn't work if you don't meet her. The main reason my LDR is working is because we have an end to the distance. Neither of us would have bothered for this long if there was no chance of us ending up in the same place.

A relationship that works is one that is long-term and usually has some kind of commitment e.g. marriage, partnership, buying a house, having a kid etc. Don't get into one if there's no plans on meeting in the next year or so.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Well, no, it wouldn't work if you don't meet her. The main reason my LDR is working is because we have an end to the distance. Neither of us would have bothered for this long if there was no chance of us ending up in the same place.

A relationship that works is one that is long-term and usually has some kind of commitment e.g. marriage, partnership, buying a house, having a kid etc. Don't get into one if there's no plans on meeting in the next year or so.

woa. these ldr's here aint even that deep lol. i mean i thought it was just a couple months n stuff yk.

this girl was gonna meet up with her ex who was in the US and she was in canda. they are pretty close. she did mention something about might coming to england but like that sh a stretch. haha
im defo not looking for a long-term thing.

then why are u even asking about it
Original post by Bang Outta Order
then why are u even asking about it

at first i was considering a long-term however, I've been put off slightly and realized some stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending