The Student Room Group

wake up crying from dreams

Hey guys
My parents have been complaining that I’m screaming and and crying and shouting in my sleep but when I wake up I have absolutely no recognition of any dream.
This has happened throughout my childhood and stopped for a year (last year) however it’s started happening again and I’m 17 :redface:

Want to see the gp as to why I’m getting this as I really don’t know or even have the slightest memory of any bad dreams and the dreams I do remember are all of me getting sexually violated ...

Thanks for any responses :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
*want to see the gp but my parents aren’t letting me :dontknow:
Make your own GP appointment and go.
I have this theory of mine , that when we dream we're actually seeing through the eyes of ourselves in an alternate reality/dimension

hence why we see ourseleves in these situation in our dreams , we're connected to our alternate realitys self and experiencing what we're going through
Reply 4
Original post by sinfonietta
Make your own GP appointment and go.

I’ve spoken to them about this and I’m really not allowed out. At all. Even though my gp is literally opposite my house :redface:
I’ve spoken to them so many times about this and all they do is disregard it and tell me “you’ll grow out of it” it’s really silly.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
I have this theory of mine , that when we dream we're actually seeing through the eyes of ourselves in an alternate reality/dimension

hence why we see ourseleves in these situation in our dreams , we're connected to our alternate realitys self and experiencing what we're going through

But I’ve experienced the violation stuff as a kid already idk
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve spoken to them about this and I’m really not allowed out. At all. Even though my gp is literally opposite my house :redface:
I’ve spoken to them so many times about this and all they do is disregard it and tell me “you’ll grow out of it” it’s really silly.

But I’ve experienced the violation stuff as a kid already idk

does your school have a mental health counsellour or something , at my college you are within your rights to make an appointment anonymous to your parents , try that
Reply 6
does your school have a mental health counsellour or something , at my college you are within your rights to make an appointment anonymous to your parents , try that

They’ll get the police involved. I don’t want that. Just want to know why I get bad dreams.

I’m just making a fuss oh well ignore this thread.
Reply 7
Original post by Bang Outta Order
they're not wasting time and money on your tears

They have more than enough time, they owe me something from neglecting me as a child and leaving me locked with only packets of cookies and milk while they went on holiday.

Genuinely don’t even remember them raising me, just remember being touched up and used like a sex toy by people.
Go to the GP. They can't stop you? You make your own appointments and they don't need to find out. Say you are meeting up with someone
It sounds like its been happening a while and most parents would want it checked out. Unless they are doing something wrong and are the cause of them, then I don't see why they are stopping you
They have more than enough time, they owe me something from neglecting me as a child and leaving me locked with only packets of cookies and milk while they went on holiday.

Genuinely don’t even remember them raising me, just remember being touched up and used like a sex toy by people.

wait what? you should of said. in this case, you need therapy, and maybe your folks dont want you to get it because it'll reveal family secrets..
Original post by AzureCeleste
Go to the GP. They can't stop you? You make your own appointments and they don't need to find out. Say you are meeting up with someone
It sounds like its been happening a while and most parents would want it checked out. Unless they are doing something wrong and are the cause of them, then I don't see why they are stopping you

I’m not allowed to go out. Ever.
They even were hesistent to take me to ae when I had breathing problems
I called 111 and only cod they heard them on the speaker that I need to go immediately they took me.

**** parents.
If they didn’t want kids why didn’t they use contraception.
I’m not allowed to go out. Ever.
They even were hesistent to take me to ae when I had breathing problems
I called 111 and only cod they heard them on the speaker that I need to go immediately they took me.

**** parents.
If they didn’t want kids why didn’t they use contraception.

Jeez....seen some of the other stuff you've posted.
What about school?
I'd want them to phone the police so you get out and explain what's going on.
You need to get out of there as they aren't treating you properly
Original post by Bang Outta Order
wait what? you should of said. in this case, you need therapy, and maybe your folks dont want you to get it because it'll reveal family secrets..

I don’t want to ruin the family just wanna throw a brick at the people that used me lol.
Jeez....seen some of the other stuff you've posted.
What about school?
I'd want them to phone the police so you get out and explain what's going on.
You need to get out of there as they aren't treating you properly

I’ll be applying to uni this year, they’re not letting me live out because “it’s dangerous” but I will absolutely lose it if I stay here any longer

Only thing that kept me sane were my sport commitments and I had to quit those because of my studies unfortunately and now I’m not allowed to do anything
Just stay at home and study with no breaks
No wonder my grades are slipping I have nothing to look forward to. If they know about this tsr account I’m dead.

Rather get married off and have kids that will never ever feel or go through what it did.
I don’t want to ruin the family just wanna throw a brick at the people that used me lol.

I’ll be applying to uni this year, they’re not letting me live out because “it’s dangerous” but I will absolutely lose it if I stay here any longer

Only thing that kept me sane were my sport commitments and I had to quit those because of my studies unfortunately and now I’m not allowed to do anything
No wonder my grades are slipping I have nothing to look forward to. If they know about this tsr account I’m dead.

Rather get married off and have kids that will never ever feel or go through what it did.

Leave. Just leave. Speak to someone please. Your parents are under no obligation to find out
Leave. Just leave. Speak to someone please. Your parents are under no obligation to find out

I’ve spoken to childline and tbh only felt as though they were a bit patronising lol

Can’t leave. They’ll go crazy. I’ve told my family what happened to me as a kid too, well they found out when I had my 1st mental breakdown last year
They were so so so nice to me, genuinely felt like part of the family... then it turned nasty
Calling me ‘dirty’ and an idiot and other mean stuff I can’t say

ugh just gotta focus on my studies
Will hopefully get me into oxbridge then I’ll be allowed to live out :smile:

Thanks for the reply!
I’ve spoken to childline and tbh only felt as though they were a bit patronising lol

Can’t leave. They’ll go crazy. I’ve told my family what happened to me as a kid too, well they found out when I had my 1st mental breakdown last year
They were so so so nice to me, genuinely felt like part of the family... then it turned nasty
Calling me ‘dirty’ and an idiot and other mean stuff I can’t say

ugh just gotta focus on my studies
Will hopefully get me into oxbridge then I’ll be allowed to live out :smile:

Thanks for the reply!

Speak to people at school as well. It doesn't matter if they go crazy, it sounds as if its better that you leave than stay

So you're saying that I'm sluggishly running away from zombies in an alternate reality?? Omg that's awesome!

Cool theory tho.
Speak to people at school as well. It doesn't matter if they go crazy, it sounds as if its better that you leave than stay

(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Where would I go?
They’ll say I betrayed them and will be expelled from home
Don’t even have access to my credit card with my summer job money ... or my saved up birthday money

school will get the police involved

When I went to the hospital in yr6 they threaten to call social services because I was SH since I was 10. Since then I’ve never been able to go to the gp and talk about scar removal and the stress has made it worse to the point I’ve got over 70 now!!!!!!!

I never talk about what happens to me and ive kept silent. But it’s seriously annoying.

You can do this. If you arent allowed to see someone in person, you can see someone online, if you are up for that?
Original post by Halayna123xx
You can do this. If you arent allowed to see someone in person, you can see someone online, if you are up for that?

as in get support online... Skype?
Nope not allowed. Nothing. Not allowed to reach out, they just say stay strong yet they taunt me.

It’s not even me being a snowflake.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending