The Student Room Group

Ever had someone destroy your self-esteem (Women) ?

Question to the women of tsr, ever had a person or guy destroy your self esteem, how did they do it, and what would be the best way to help someone in this state ?
Reply 1
Yes when I was in school, a boy used to mock me call me names, animals anything. It absolutely ruined my self esteem, made me feel worthless and horrid. Eventually, I learnt to not care what anybody says, and just focused on my self. My advice to you would be to not think about the comments/actions made. The more I thought about what the boy said to me, the more I cried and felt horrible. Honestly, just work on yourself, when you start improving and I guess "self-loving" yourself, others can see it. If this is a friend, then cheer them up by complimenting them, making them feel better about themselves so avoid making fun of other people.
Also, in my case the boy who mocked and made me cry endless times actually liked me. He confessed this is to me the other day and apologised. More times, the people who mock you are actually jealous or like you
how to help someone who has had their self esteem destroyed? self care. lots and lots of love and empathy. that means you know watching sappy films on netflix and crying a lot. that means taking some time to reflect on who you are and realizing that you are someone and what they've done to you does not define you as a person. hot chocolate and long walks and cuddles from pets are useful. remove anything and everything that acts as a reminder. get a haircut or go on a journey or get a tattoo or some crazy **** like that and over time you heal. therapy if necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending