The Student Room Group

I'm am introvert and clumsy. Please help

Hi everyone

I'm extremely introvert and clumsy when I am surrounded by many people
This is ruining my life. I don't want to be like this. I see other people that are generally extrovert and talk with everyone. I can't do it. I don't know how to fix this. Maybe i should see a psychologist? Please help me :frown:
You should start by accepting yourself. There’s nothing wrong with be an introvert. When you start being comfortable with yourself you’ll meet others easily.
I understand what you are feeling since I am honestly not very good with people either. You should try doing small things to show people you are friendly and to make them comfortable. You could say "Hi" to someone you know or talk to them in class about anything. You don't need to rush into any difficult social interactions but build relationships slowly. I am sure people will be happy to talk to you as they notice you are showing interest in them.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by GreenBell
You should start by accepting yourself. There’s nothing wrong with be an introvert. When you start being comfortable with yourself you’ll meet others easily.

Original post by GreenBell

There's is something wrong when because of this you could lose some friends and to the other you may seem impolite
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone

I'm extremely introvert and clumsy when I am surrounded by many people
This is ruining my life. I don't want to be like this. I see other people that are generally extrovert and talk with everyone. I can't do it. I don't know how to fix this. Maybe i should see a psychologist? Please help me :frown:

You need a counsellor to help you build up your very fragile self esteem! You obviously care much too much about what other people think of you and it will show until you deal with it!
Original post by Anonymous
There's is something wrong when because of this you could lose some friends and to the other you may seem impolite

No, not really. If your friends know how you’re like already then this wouldn’t happen. That’s where building confidence and being happy with who you are comes in. You don’t need to please other people.
Accept yourself, be comfortable with yourself, relax.

Just relax.
for starters, I'm an introvert too. I kinda get clumsy, but not all the time. It's certainly not in 1-on-1 situations (as contrasted to public speaking). Anyway, I used to be like you, but that is not how I am now. it changed between IGCSE's and AS levels. Like, huge change. I started making friends, I can hold conversations without issues, I can "open up" (only introverts would understand how damn hard that can be), I am confident in who I am & can speak with random strangers without problems... you get it.
However, I still classify myself as introverted. It's just that the personal growth limitations no longer apply. Why am I still introverted? that's coz I only want a few friends. Like, 4-6 is enough. I don't want to be the centre of attention. I don't want to be "the life of the party".

Spoiler

I don't want leadership positions (unless they achieve something on my C.V.) I don't want extroverted BS. I only want my world, but won't close up like a friggin clam.

How did I do that? (it's in 2nd person for your benefit)
talk to new people, START conversations with people next to you for no reason. Make sure you can talk about most topics. find a hobby you can talk about.

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending