sarahturner
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone know any amazing structures and phrases for my French GCSE to wow the examiner? Or any Spanish ones?
Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try to use a subjunctive phrase in your answer, just as 'je doute que je sois' (I doubt that I may be) or ''ll faut qu'on y pense' (we need to think about it.
Other great structures to include are direct and indirect object pronouns ''je te le donne' (I give it to you) ''e' being a direct object pronoun meaning 'you' and 'le' being a direct object pronoun meaning 'it'.
In general, you want to make sure that you're using as many tenses and moods as you know how to use, that your grammar and spelling is accurate, that you've used a range of vocab (tip: never repeat words if you can help it. Use synonyms!) and that you've covered all the bullet points.

Bonne chance!
Anthos
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Adding on to what redmeercat said, also try to use idioms. For example, avoir la flemme means lazy.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by redmeercat)
Try to use a subjunctive phrase in your answer, just as 'je doute que je sois' (I doubt that I may be) or ''ll faut qu'on y pense' (we need to think about it.
Other great structures to include are direct and indirect object pronouns ''je te le donne' (I give it to you) ''e' being a direct object pronoun meaning 'you' and 'le' being a direct object pronoun meaning 'it'.
In general, you want to make sure that you're using as many tenses and moods as you know how to use, that your grammar and spelling is accurate, that you've used a range of vocab (tip: never repeat words if you can help it. Use synonyms!) and that you've covered all the bullet points.

Bonne chance!
Je doute que je sois is somewhat unnatural. The most natural way of saying this would be -> je doute d'être (something)...

In general, when you trigger the subjunctive mood you should change the subject. For example: je doute que ce/il/elle soit...

If you keep the same subject, then the second verb is often in the infinitive. For example: je ne pense pas pouvoir jouer au foot bien. (I don't think I can play football well)

On the other hand, this would be considered incorrect and unnatural: je ne pense pas que je puisse jouer au foot bien.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sarahturner)
Anyone know any amazing structures and phrases for my French GCSE to wow the examiner? Or any Spanish ones?
Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Here are 2 documents that I've created. Continuously add to them and make them your own.

I've already graduated from university but feel free to ask me if you need any help. I did French, Spanish and Japanese at the University of Edinburgh.
hw8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you so much for those, so useful!

Hopefully will slot some into my oral next Monday

(Original post by Quick-use)
Here are 2 documents that I've created. Continuously add to them and make them your own.

I've already graduated from university but feel free to ask me if you need any help. I did French, Spanish and Japanese at the University of Edinburgh.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (35)
15.63%
I'm not sure (8)
3.57%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (81)
36.16%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.79%
I'm not a current university student (96)
42.86%

Watched Threads