The Student Room Group

Friend Zoning someone

So, this guy I work with and really like im pretty sure thinks ive friend zoned him..

he asked me join for after work drinks the other day as we all worked late one day and I was the only girl going .. so I said 'oh am I the only girl? im not sure.. ' to try and play it off, but then he said its fine as I know everyone and to come... but then I stupidly said 'yeah its okay most of my good friends are guys anyway'

Im worried that this sort of put him in the friend zone! we chat outside of work sometimes, and I think there had been some chemistry between us, but I really like him and I tend to do things like this when I like someone as some sort of defense mechanism :/

him and I are both away from work for a few weeks now so won't see him to try and fix this, any recommendations?
I dont wanna ask him out straight, I would rather just try and flirt with him but I have no idea what to say or how to start!
Reply 1
Have a few drinks with him, get close to him and you`ll find out what he`s really like outside of work. Then as your friendship is a stronger and closer ask for snapchat or something like that and start you know texting for a bit, couple of weeks months. Then somewhere down the line he might give you his number and you can then text him and then tell him you like him. I have a feeling he probably like you too but he`s also shy of telling you. Maybe he`s afraid that you might say no or he`s waiting for the right moment to tell you but doesn`t know how to. Or maybe he`s simply not even interested but it’s too soon to judge as he`s just asked you recently only time will tell.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending