The Student Room Group

Which school to choose as an insurance choice?

Hi guys!

I have really little time to make this choice so I hope that I will at least get one advise!

I need to finally make a decision on my Firm Choice and Insurance Choice for University in the UK.

I’m considering 3 schools, but obviously, there are some problems with that :smile:

The 1st Uni: the best one that I like, my favourite one, but also the one that will be the hardest for me to get into (they take the highest scores from my exam)
The 2nd Uni: I like this one too, not as much as the first one, but I'm really fond of it. But the conditional is very similar to the first one. If I won't get into the first Uni then there is a high possibility of me getting rejected from this school too.
The 3rd Uni: this one I like the least. I'm 100% sure that I will get into this school. But the thing is I don't like this one that much. The only thing is that it's safe for me, I know that I will have something to fall into.

Now, what should I do? I'm pretty sure that I want my favourite school as my firm choice, but what about my insurance choice?

What should I do? Do they really check everything? (my conditional is like- you need to have minimum 70% of all basic level of matura (Polish exam) but what if I will have per se one lower like 60%/65 % - will they really reject me because of something like that?)

Please help me 🙏🙏🙏🙏
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Would you be able to give any idea of the course and the uni? And the grade requirements?

Should be able to make it easier.
Reply 2
”Would you be able to give any idea of the course and the uni? And the grade requirements?

Should be able to make it easier.”

The first one is Coventry Uni, second UWE Bristol and the third Uni of Derby.
My course is Business Management
Reply 3
Original post by Arisapo
Would you be able to give any idea of the course and the uni? And the grade requirements?

Should be able to make it easier.

1st Uni- Coventry University
2nd Uni- UWE Bristol
3rd Uni- University of Derby

Course: Business Management
Reply 4
Original post by httptiff
1st Uni- Coventry University
2nd Uni- UWE Bristol
3rd Uni- University of Derby

Course: Business Management

Honestly, they aren’t the most competitive unis to get into.

I have no idea how the Polish system works and what’s required but here in the UK, you could get into Coventry, UWE and Derby by missing your offer, often by a considerable margin.

I would definitely firm Coventry as it’s the one you’re most keen on and then go for UWE as insurance. There’s no point of putting Derby if you dislike it.

I imagine they’ll be flexible.
Reply 5
Original post by Arisapo
Honestly, they aren’t the most competitive unis to get into.

I have no idea how the Polish system works and what’s required but here in the UK, you could get into Coventry, UWE and Derby by missing your offer, often by a considerable margin.

I would definitely firm Coventry as it’s the one you’re most keen on and then go for UWE as insurance. There’s no point of putting Derby if you dislike it.

I imagine they’ll be flexible.

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending