The Student Room Group

Trying to put muscle on with no appetite?

Im trying to put more muscle on because i want to get more muscle in my legs and bum (and soon to be arms) before loosing fat (im a girl) but i literally have little to no appetite recently and only eat two meals a day as appose to 4/5 before (3 meals and 1/2 light snacks)
I havnt been moving around a lot at all lately and was wondering if thats the reason im not hungry because maybe i dont need as much food/ energy? The fact ive had such little appetite for around a couple of weeks now is almost worrying to me.
any one else else struggle with food during muscle gain :frown:
Reply 1
regular meals help your metabolism to speed up, therefore possibly making you feel more hungry quicker. having small regular snacks in between may also help with your metabolism. I would recommend trying your best to have regular meals 3 times a day. if you are more active, go to the gym or do cardio, then you are burning more energy and are more likely to be hungry. So this may be another way to keep fit and have a healthy balanced lifestyle.
if u can’t be bother to gym, watch mukbang vids, i do this cuz they make me feel hungry lol the food looks amazing on camera trust me :wink:
Reply 2
yh ill try snacking again thanks.:smile: i already go to the gym 3x a week for weight training and am not planning on doing cardio properly since it'll be my main form of fat lose when i do my mini cut or whatever since ive never really done organised cardio. Also ive watched mukbangs and they dont really do anything for me. If anything they turn me off lolll
Original post by sarahhhf
regular meals help your metabolism to speed up, therefore possibly making you feel more hungry quicker. having small regular snacks in between may also help with your metabolism. I would recommend trying your best to have regular meals 3 times a day. if you are more active, go to the gym or do cardio, then you are burning more energy and are more likely to be hungry. So this may be another way to keep fit and have a healthy balanced lifestyle.
if u can’t be bother to gym, watch mukbang vids, i do this cuz they make me feel hungry lol the food looks amazing on camera trust me :wink:
Reply 3
When trying to build muscle you don't always need to eat food. If your body needs food it will tell you (stomach will rumble). I have the similar problem for myself (However I'm a guy). I work in a leisure centre and I am in the gym pretty much 3/4 times a week now and I love it. However, I was trying to build the muscle in my chest, arm etc. but was worried about not having the size to do so (I'm only 5"8 and just about 74kg). Speaking to my boss and some PT's they said that if your body requires food it will tell you in advance otherwise don't worry too much about your diet. I've got plans from PT's and Body Builders for working your core and legs if you ever want something new to try
Original post by BitMel
Im trying to put more muscle on because i want to get more muscle in my legs and bum (and soon to be arms) before loosing fat (im a girl) but i literally have little to no appetite recently and only eat two meals a day as appose to 4/5 before (3 meals and 1/2 light snacks)
I havnt been moving around a lot at all lately and was wondering if thats the reason im not hungry because maybe i dont need as much food/ energy? The fact ive had such little appetite for around a couple of weeks now is almost worrying to me.
any one else else struggle with food during muscle gain :frown:

You need to stick to the three meals a day at least. Have snacks as well, ofc try and keep them on the healthier side. If your struggling to stay active then find ways such as join a sports team, start a running class, include more full body work in a work out. How often do you train

Quick Reply

Latest