boyfriend wants a break Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Yesterday I had a fight w my boyfriend, and then he broke up with me in the night. He says he wants a 3 - 5 month break and promises to get back with me after (he's going through 6 month therapy), but said if I fall for someone else go with them. He said he needed space so we could both grow but still loves me dearly.

I'm devistated and don't really know how to cope. I rely on my boyfriend for support and we're still in contact but it's not the same. Additionally it's our 6 month next week. I'm scared he's going to leave me and don't know what to do.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sinfonietta
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Reality: it's unlikely you're going to get back together in X many months. If you can't work through whatever this is together then a relationship isn't going to work. You can't just switch it on and off at will.
Glaz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Sorry mate but if he wants a break he wants a break. You can't force the relationship onto him. Sorry
Hopefully it goes well if y'all get back together , however, as sinfonietta said, it's unlikely you'll get back after a break lasting months.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Reality: it's unlikely you're going to get back together in X many months. If you can't work through whatever this is together then a relationship isn't going to work. You can't just switch it on and off at will.
This was what I was thinking but he's convinced it will work out
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Glaz)
Sorry mate but if he wants a break he wants a break. You can't force the relationship onto him. Sorry
Hopefully it goes well if y'all get back together , however, as sinfonietta said, it's unlikely you'll get back after a break lasting months.
Yeah I agree we need a break but I just think months is a bit too far
peach.bear.ann
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by sinfonietta)
This was my point but he says it's unconditional love but I've heard these things before and I've seen it ruin relationships,, sorry I'm not sure how to explain,, but I thought at most a month would be fine
peach.bear.ann
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Glaz)
I agree that's why I said at most I'd do a month but I just don't think it'll work, I've done this before and it didn't work but he doesn't believe me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (518)
26.21%
The paper was reasonable (861)
43.57%
Not feeling great about that exam (388)
19.64%
It was TERRIBLE (209)
10.58%

Watched Threads