The Student Room Group

feel like I will be restricted when it comes to finding someone..

Because most people probably want someone who has a degree and I don't have one and couldn't have one due to illness. Sister doesn't have one so she's restricted too and has to look for someone who doesn't have a degree.
Original post by Anonymous
Because most people probably want someone who has a degree and I don't have one and couldn't have one due to illness. Sister doesn't have one so she's restricted too and has to look for someone who doesn't have a degree.

Not having a degree doesn't mean you can't be with someone who ha sone
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Not having a degree doesn't mean you can't be with someone who ha sone

Dont they look down on you?

I haven't finished my degree and my husband never thinks any differently of me for it.
For me it has no baring. A lot of people meet their so at Uni but that’s because they get the opportunity to interact with them. If you are fine to talk to I don’t see it being an issue.

No? But if they do then they are quite shallow- it probably depends what you do with your life
Additionally, if those with degrees refuse to date those without then they are also restricting finding people
Reply 6
Original post by claireestelle
I haven't finished my degree and my husband never thinks any differently of me for it.

Are you in the process of finishing your degree? Guess you're lucky. Some might judge or their families might judge.
Are you in the process of finishing your degree? Guess you're lucky. Some might judge or their families might judge.

not at the moment, i've been considering it but might not.

Not everyone cares about degrees unless you’re looking to date a posh girl
Reply 9

You're clearly a person that's been looked down on quite a lot, but you shouldn't let that mentality stick in your head.
A levels are harder than degrees depending on the type of degree you do, so if you dont have a degree but have AS/A level then can't you just say you have those but not a degree? Why do some care about degrees so much? You could just say you got those qualifications but didnt go to uni. Still proves you are clever.
Original post by Xarao
You're clearly a person that's been looked down on quite a lot, but you shouldn't let that mentality stick in your head.

I'm 18 and never dated anyone nor am i planning on getting married in the future. I'm just asking because this is what one of my older sisters said. The oldest one is judging and thinks i am dumb even though i did well at AS level lool, while teachers believed i had so much potential.
Reply 12
I'm 18 and never dated anyone nor am i planning on getting married in the future. I'm just asking because this is what one of my older sisters said. The oldest one is judging and thinks i am dumb even though i did well at AS level lool, while teachers believed i had so much potential.

Ignore them and work on yourself friend. Don't let anyone put you down, even your family.
It isn't going to restrict your dating life.

I've two degrees and don't think less of anyone who chose not to go down that route.
A levels are harder than degrees depending on the type of degree you do, so if you dont have a degree but have AS/A level then can't you just say you have those but not a degree? Why do some care about degrees so much? You could just say you got those qualifications but didnt go to uni. Still proves you are clever.

A levels aren't harder than a degree though.
A levels aren't harder than a degree though.

Literally lol. Idk what kinda degree they’re doing but this is highly inaccurate in so many ways. Degrees are designed to be harder than any college level education lmao
There are plenty of people who have degrees who are idiots, and plenty who don't who are intelligent. Don't worry about it too much. Also if someone looks down at you for not having a degree, they are a prick you shouldn't waste your time on.
Literally lol. Idk what kinda degree they’re doing but this is highly inaccurate in so many ways. Degrees are designed to be harder than any college level education lmao

Ask any A level teacher.
Ask any A level teacher.

A level pressure may feel more intense but that has nothing to do with how hard the work is. Overall workload at uni is higher and harder than it is at sixth form, as it naturally would be.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending