The Student Room Group

Moving away and how to manage an unlabelled relationship?

I'm moving away to Uni this September, I've been seeing and hooking up with a guy I have a lot of history with. It's exclusive and there are a lot of feelings and care there, but because of our past and clear issues I don't see anything more or a future. I wanted to ask based on peoples experiences how I should handle moving away? Still see him when I come back? Remove the exclusivity and try and make it lighter? Or just end it?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I'm moving away to Uni this September, I've been seeing and hooking up with a guy I have a lot of history with. It's exclusive and there are a lot of feelings and care there, but because of our past and clear issues I don't see anything more or a future. I wanted to ask based on peoples experiences how I should handle moving away? Still see him when I come back? Remove the exclusivity and try and make it lighter? Or just end it?

Ive always thought (Me personally I havent moved away but I have had similar experiences in some aspect) that if you dont see a future with someone, or you no longer do, you shouldnt be with them, and going to Uni for as long as youre going for any feelings will only decrease, so my suggestion which very well could be wrong is to tell him about it all and end it, and if you get to Uni you feel like you cant be without him when you get home in the future talk to him, im a guy so i have an idea about this and id much rather a girl i was with tell me truthfully if she felt anything that you did so i suggest you atleast tell him how you feel even if you dont know what to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending