The Student Room Group

UCAS clearing - decline unconditional offer, firmly accepted

Hi!

I signed up to UCAS before the January deadline but never submitted my application because I was planning on going to the US for college. However, that didn't work out and I started looking into 'clearing' opportunities. I applied to a university through their website, got an unconditional offer, firmly accepted it (also via their website) and they added it to the UCAS track system. Have since gotten unconditional offers from two other universities through clearing. If I declined the offer I firmly accepted, could I add one of the other two unconditional offers to UCAS track and accept that one? Would I have to pay the fee and get a reference, which I didn't have to do when accepting the original clearing offer? Also, I have already applied for the SFE tuition loan, would it affect my chances of getting the loan approved if I changed the University?

Many thanks in advance!

Jan Kozousek.
Original post by tb12
Hi!

I signed up to UCAS before the January deadline but never submitted my application because I was planning on going to the US for college. However, that didn't work out and I started looking into 'clearing' opportunities. I applied to a university through their website, got an unconditional offer, firmly accepted it (also via their website) and they added it to the UCAS track system. Have since gotten unconditional offers from two other universities through clearing. If I declined the offer I firmly accepted, could I add one of the other two unconditional offers to UCAS track and accept that one? Would I have to pay the fee and get a reference, which I didn't have to do when accepting the original clearing offer? Also, I have already applied for the SFE tuition loan, would it affect my chances of getting the loan approved if I changed the University?

Many thanks in advance!

Jan Kozousek.

Do you have the option on Track to decline your current choice ? If so you can decline it and add another no problem - just make sure that the other offer hasn’t expired (Clearing offers often have a time limit to accept them).

You should be able to change your student finance university on your online account. As soon as you’re sure where you’re going then update your student finance details. It’s quite quick to make those sort of changes at this time of year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending