The Student Room Group

bleeding on Cominbed pill?

okay, last month I started Rigevidon, a combined pill. first week was awful, Crying at everything, not eating for 30 hours and feeling really shaky, sick etc. just a nasty week. but that all stopped and I'm okay now.
at the end of that week, I forgot to take the pill two days in a row, which made me start spotting, but I took the pill straight away, which stopped it in a matter of just a few hours.
now it's been a month since I started taking it, today I got really bad period pains, like I want to cry and not move.(I started taking the pill because of period problems. so now I'll have 4 periods a year. I had really bad pains and erratic and irregular periods.)
I thought it was normal to have the pains, so I ignored them. went loo and realised I'm bleeding. not spotting, but a full on period. just as heavy and clotting as I usually have. it's very painful, so I'm taking the pills I used to for my period now, Mefenamic Acid and Tranexamic Acid.
is this normal and how long will this go on for? I got the pill to stop my periods and regulate them. when will this stop? thanks
Original post by Anonymous
okay, last month I started Rigevidon, a combined pill. first week was awful, Crying at everything, not eating for 30 hours and feeling really shaky, sick etc. just a nasty week. but that all stopped and I'm okay now.
at the end of that week, I forgot to take the pill two days in a row, which made me start spotting, but I took the pill straight away, which stopped it in a matter of just a few hours.
now it's been a month since I started taking it, today I got really bad period pains, like I want to cry and not move.(I started taking the pill because of period problems. so now I'll have 4 periods a year. I had really bad pains and erratic and irregular periods.)
I thought it was normal to have the pains, so I ignored them. went loo and realised I'm bleeding. not spotting, but a full on period. just as heavy and clotting as I usually have. it's very painful, so I'm taking the pills I used to for my period now, Mefenamic Acid and Tranexamic Acid.
is this normal and how long will this go on for? I got the pill to stop my periods and regulate them. when will this stop? thanks

speak to your doctor if it's not helping you
Original post by Anonymous

It can tane up to 3 months for your body to get used to the pill. Make sure you take it exactly as you are supposed to, on time etc. to help your body get used to it. If it still isn't helping after then, then go back to your gp and try a different pill. Personally for me, rigevidon was great and helped me immensely.

Quick Reply

Latest