The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I love how this question was answered by the first reply, but since then there have been three pages of answers... only on :tsr2: :biggrin:
106 Rob
I love how this question was answered by the first reply, but since then there have been three pages of answers... only on :tsr2: :biggrin:

And I'm wondering why it's even be Stickied... I mean, wouldn't a thread that was named RESULTS ARE ON THE 14TH August (Or 13TH if you are a centre) and that's it...
Reply 62
xinolisss
And I'm wondering why it's even be Stickied... I mean, wouldn't a thread that was named RESULTS ARE ON THE 14TH August (Or 13TH if you are a centre) and that's it...

Can an individual be a centre? Centre number: 45383, candidate number: 0001. Lawlz.

Just checkin... you CAN go on UCAS on the 14th and check if you got into your 1st choice Uni? Anyone know what time from? (i was up at 5 am last year checking my edexcel exams on their website :P)
james s
Can an individual be a centre? Centre number: 45383, candidate number: 0001. Lawlz.

Just checkin... you CAN go on UCAS on the 14th and check if you got into your 1st choice Uni? Anyone know what time from? (i was up at 5 am last year checking my edexcel exams on their website :P)

Well yeah, obviously I was shortening what I was trying to say, what I actually meant was that, I you are an individual who can access the data to your centre then you will receive the results on 13th... now it's much easier to say, Centre rather than all that bunch of words...

Now just like me, I have the login details for my centre, we don't do many Edexcel Exams, and considering I have done 12 Modules with Edexcel for Maths and Further Maths and that constitutes more than half of the A levels we do with them...
Reply 64
im sorry for looking dum but im new to the edexcel board....( done gcses from cambridge) can anyone explain what ums means ( uniform mark...) or something like that
Reply 65
a.sheikh
im sorry for looking dum but im new to the edexcel board....( done gcses from cambridge) can anyone explain what ums means ( uniform mark...) or something like that

Uniform mark is what all your exams/modules add up to, for grading purposes. For AS it is out of 300, A-level is 600.
Reply 66
thanks and what was that thing that if you get a certain mark which falls in a certain category they increase ur marks by a certain amount
ZOMG! i heard results don't come out to christmas day, this trueee!!!?

Just love the here say that goes around on this board, worse than my actually school :P
school opens at 9:30 for me
Finally finished today...

8 weeks today we get our results!!! (on the 14th)
Reply 70
where do u get the information on people who like scored the highest marks in their region or in the world for the different alevel subjects??
Reply 71
a.sheikh
where do u get the information on people who like scored the highest marks in their region or in the world for the different alevel subjects??

Since marks are converted to UMS, people usually get 100 UMS equivalent to 100%. Probably qu a few would get the "top marks" natuarally. OCR Salters Chemistry in particular give awards to people with 585 UMS --> 600 UMS etc, for best in the country thats the only one i know of.
Reply 72
the coordinator at my school said it was the 13th of august...
Reply 73
a.sheikh

You'd only find out via your school. You'd not openly be allowed to access exam board files to see whether you're one of the top scoring candidates. I think AQA and OCR Salters Chemistry (as somebody has already said in here) give awards for 'top 5' marks and 'top 10 marks'.:smile:

jado91
the coordinator at my school said it was the 13th of august...

Your school coordinator is wrong. Results may be delivered to schools then though.
Gooner

Your school coordinator is wrong. Results may be delivered to schools then though.

Yeah you're right, Schools receive the results a day before... and UCAS does so a week before or something like that I think..
so do we know earlier a week on ucas whether if we have been accepted?

also, i heard there is a loophole like you can check on track before knowing your results to see if you got accepted? anyone heard of that? cheers!
Reply 76
johnheyes91
so do we know earlier a week on ucas whether if we have been accepted?

also, i heard there is a loophole like you can check on track before knowing your results to see if you got accepted? anyone heard of that? cheers!

UCAS get the results on the Sunday/Monday before results, and send the results to our relevant universities so they can get together the packs needed for freshers. You can find out after 8am on results' day morning I believe whether you've been accepted, but the likelyhood of you finding out is minimal - the UCAS server obviously gets clogged up and can't cope with any more than a certain number of people accessing it at once.
haha okay, so for that whole day ucas is very laggy? but the day after it should be fine?
Reply 78
johnheyes91
haha okay, so for that whole day ucas is very laggy? but the day after it should be fine?

Erm, I should imagine the initial rush will be between 8 and 10 in the morning, so after that when people actually have their results in front of them, there'll be fewer people trying to access UCAS.:smile:
thanks, so its August 14th, 8 am uk time that the results are released? so that also for international students? do they follow the uk timings for track? if so i can imagine it being more clogged

Latest