The Student Room Group

Don't want to go to University?

I hate my life right now. I got a mid 2.2 on my course for psychology. I made a lot of friends at Durham Uni last year. I tried applying to Newcastle and Durham but they declined my application saying I dont have the required grades/research.

My main aim to study in uk is to live a lifestyle as I'm Indian (and I'm restricted in my own country) as my lifestyle is based on partying, clubbing and having fun with guys. I formed a circle of friends whom I would party and move around in the UK.

I got a place at Uni of Bath but I truly dont want to study there. I'm forced to go because if I dont go there, I will never see my friends. At least I can go to Durham if I'm staying in the UK.

Is this a good decision or I'm making a mistake?
By studying another degree are you not just setting yourself up for more debt? You could just simply get a job and go clubbing anyway? :confused: No point doing another lot of education if it's not what you enjoy doing... may as well try getting work in a club or a pub where you'll be putting your time into something you may enjoy. You could end up meeting more people this way.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
By studying another degree are you not just setting yourself up for more debt? You could just simply get a job and go clubbing anyway? :confused: No point doing another lot of education if it's not what you enjoy doing... may as well try getting work in a club or a pub where you'll be putting your time into something you may enjoy. You could end up meeting more people this way.

Getting a job is not easy. I'm not eu.
If you do another degree and just party you're wasting money and time really. Besides there's still uses for a degree even if it is a 2.2. You could stay in the country if you've worked in here long enough. There's graduate schemes and lots of industries that take in graduates for training.
As above, it seems pointless to get into 30 grand+ debt just to party. You can find graduate programmes that accept 2.2s.
Yeah, as a lot of people have said, University, at the core of it, isn't just partying. It's important to study and get the grades you want.

Not everyone is cut out for University, you don't have to force it.

If you took some time away from partying or clubbing, would your grades improve?

Joshua
Reply 6
Original post by hallamstudents
Yeah, as a lot of people have said, University, at the core of it, isn't just partying. It's important to study and get the grades you want.

Not everyone is cut out for University, you don't have to force it.

If you took some time away from partying or clubbing, would your grades improve?

Joshua

Yes of course. But i really don't want to study psychology. But my mom forced me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending