The Student Room Group

Got in... but no accommodation

Went through clearing and got a place. But dont have a accommodation, what do I do???
Original post by Anonymous
Went through clearing and got a place. But dont have a accommodation, what do I do???

Depending on the uni, you might get an email from the uni or you might need to contact the uni directly and apply for accommodation - you don't just get it automatically :tongue:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Depending on the uni, you might get an email from the uni or you might need to contact the uni directly and apply for accommodation - you don't just get it automatically :tongue:

Okay cheers

Where?

What have accomm said?

What does it say on their website about insurance applicants?

Some unis have lots and others have very little. Some guarantee others do not. You will just have to check the webpage.
What sort of accommodation are you looking for?
Studio on campus, student halls, private shared student only accommodation, student houseshare or a rented room.
If you want accommodation on campus or student halls, you'll have to register with the uni accommodation service and then keep your fingers crossed that there is not a long waiting list.
Reply 5

search spare room on google with the name of the uni

Same here, I will be studying Radiography at City but don't have an accommodation, I spent all day looking for an accommodation in London but they were extremely expensive and now I am looking for someone that we could live together and by splitting everything we can finally afford to live in London

Contact accommodation immediately if you want a place in uni accommodation. they may have an accommodation guarantee or it may be first come first served. Do it today. They may require a deposit £150-300. It varies.

If they have non then you are looking at private halls or student lets.

Hello,
Congratulations!! :smile: What city are you going to? Try not to worry too much as there are plenty of options and I am sure you would find somewhere nice.
Congratulations again! good luck !:h:
If you've already asked the university managed accommodation, try searching for uni let's in your town/city for private rentals.

It's also worth checking TSR forums and Facebook as some students are no longer going to their uni (having booked their accommodation) and are now looking to sell it on.

It's worth going on the waiting list for halls though as some students may have gone through adjustment or no longer wish to attend uni.

Let us know how you get on and congratulations on your place.

Vicki

Contact accommodation and see if they have any for insurance freshers,
If not they should have lists of local letting agents.
https://www.mystudenthalls.com/

https://student.spareroom.co.uk/
Reply 11

I didn’t go through clearing and dont have a place either despite NTU saying it was guaranteed. No idea what to do now
Original post by Spod50
I didn’t go through clearing and dont have a place either despite NTU saying it was guaranteed. No idea what to do now

At BU we have an on-campus service called 'AskBU' and they will be used to answering questions like these. Each university usually has a similar support system/service, contact them and if they can't help, ask them to provide you with contact details to someone who can.

Hope things work out for you!
Alice :smile:
I have a room that I’m withdrawing from. It’s at Clifton if you’re willing to live there
Clifton in Bristol?
Original post by ChipChopChippy
Clifton in Bristol?

Apologies came late to the thread
Original post by ChipChopChippy
Apologies came late to the thread

Oh sorry Clifton at Nottingham Trent
Original post by aamired
Oh sorry Clifton at Nottingham Trent

No problem - got excited for a second. Zero accommodation in Bristol 😢
I have a room in Simpson’s standard en-suite need someone to take it ASAP give me a text if u still want it 07872973481
Reply 19
Hey!So many of us are in this boat - the uni have royally messed up, your best bet for now is Antjam - http://antjam.com/Home/Index Contact them, they deal with student accommodation for anyone and everyone and are super helpful in general.Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending